Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jrufener  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2019 21:44:47(UTC)
jrufener

Groups: Registered
United States

I am using SMath Studio version 0.99 build 7030 under WIN10.

I have used several releases and once I became familiar with SMath and learned the ins and outs of SMath I find it very useful.

The current project I am using it for is a great deal larger than what I have done in the past and would benefit greatly from the use of the "include" function. However, I cannot get it to work for me. The include plugin in enabled in the extensions manager. I have disabled and re-enabled it. I have removed and reinstalled SMath - I have, of course, rebooted.

As a test, I created a file "test.sm" which has a function "area" in it that computes the area of a circle. I have tested the function within "test.sm".

I created a second file "test1.sm" the first line of which is "include( "test.sm" )". I get an error "File not found test.sm". I have placed the test.sm file in my home directory - which is my documents folder and is where the test1.am file is located, in the directory from which SMath is run, in my root user folder, in the "examples" subfolder for SMath (yes I included the relative path). The error remains and remains the unchanged.

I am pretty confident the function actually works and that I am doing something wrong - but what????

Edited by moderator 01 June 2019 22:00:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline uni  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2019 22:00:13(UTC)
uni

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 745 post(s)
1. Relative path. You must save test1.sm in the same place where test.sm file located. Save action is necessarily because you must define current path for include() function (this is implicit definition). As I know when you just open or create document the current path is "undefined".
2. Absolute path. You can define it manually. Also you can use system global variables for this ( "%MY_SMATH_DOCS%\test.sm" ).

You can use CurrentDirectory() function from the Mathcad Access Functions plugin to display the current path. Empty string as parameter will show path.

Edited by user 01 June 2019 22:08:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline jrufener  
#3 Posted : 01 June 2019 22:32:06(UTC)
jrufener

United States

Well now, don't I feel foolish! The save clearly is important. I thought it was something I was doing (or not doing). Thank you.
Offline Jean Giraud  
#4 Posted : 02 June 2019 03:58:12(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
As simple as that. Include is like stacking the algo
at top of the executable suite, dependent of the top work.

include.PNG

Genfit Algo Include.sm (17kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
Genfit Algo Include Test.sm (17kb) downloaded 22 time(s).