Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jean Giraud  
#1 Posted : 02 December 2018 18:00:15(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,603
Canada

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 528 post(s)
Can't explain to myself why maple(int) failed and exactly when/by what ?
If you have such failure: the attached *.sm may rescue your project(s).

Integral 0maple suite [Multiple] Copy.sm (10kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

BugInt.PNG
Offline uni  
#2 Posted : 03 December 2018 17:01:16(UTC)
uni


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Joined: 10/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 892
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 792 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Jean, I can't understand what exactly the problem.
Russia forever!
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
💰 Support me for plugins development: https://money.yandex.ru/to/410013245578758/100
Offline Jean Giraud  
#3 Posted : 03 December 2018 18:26:31(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,603
Canada

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 528 post(s)
Originally Posted by: uni Go to Quoted Post
Jean, I can't understand what exactly the problem.


Like this Viacheslav ... try typing maple(int).
If you don't get the indefinite integral symbol: maple is corrupted.
That it does not work SS 6179 anymore in my system is pity for me.
No problem as I can rescue from backup document.

Successful lunch for my friend Astronaut, He is a good man speaking Russian too !

maple(int).PNG


Offline uni  
#4 Posted : 03 December 2018 19:16:39(UTC)
uni


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Joined: 10/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 892
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 792 time(s) in 456 post(s)
I can't help here, because this behavior does not apply to my plugin. This is the behavior of the program. If something is wrong with the function and its parameters in the calculation, then it can be detected using the log file, which is located in the folder with the plugin.
Russia forever!
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
💰 Support me for plugins development: https://money.yandex.ru/to/410013245578758/100
Offline Jean Giraud  
#5 Posted : 03 December 2018 19:53:09(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,603
Canada

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 528 post(s)
Originally Posted by: uni Go to Quoted Post
I can't help here, because this behavior does not apply to my plugin.


Maybe some Collabs will catch and test with their latest version ?

Thanks Kamarad.
Offline Davide Carpi  
#6 Posted : 28 December 2018 13:19:19(UTC)
Davide Carpi


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Joined: 13/01/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,157
Man
Italy
Location: Italy

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 715 post(s)
I cannot reproduce the autocomplete of int in any SS version, neither changing the date on the machine, and I'm not aware that there ever were such behavior...
however, I don't think it is a desiderable feature; how would you access or create any int~ variable/function if the program triggers the autocomplete while you are typing? (and imagine this extended to any function...)

Edited by user 28 December 2018 13:24:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins please consider a donation to SMath Studio; for personal contributions to me: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Jean Giraud  
#7 Posted : 28 December 2018 19:36:57(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,603
Canada

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 528 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Davide Carpi Go to Quoted Post
I cannot reproduce the autocomplete of int in any SS version, neither changing the date on the machine, and I'm not aware that there ever were such behavior...
however, I don't think it is a desirable feature; how would you access or create any int~ variable/function if the program triggers the autocomplete while you are typing? (and imagine this extended to any function...)


I discovered that Maple indefinite multiple integrals SS 5346.
It was maintained SS 6179 up until noticed it failed [not supported anymore].

Please try the attached if it complains.

Jean

Integrate Double Test.sm (34kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Offline Jean Giraud  
#8 Posted : 29 December 2018 16:15:49(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,603
Canada

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 528 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
I discovered that Maple indefinite multiple integrals SS 5346.

Most important about indefinite integral, I forgot to mention:
SS 5346 f(x) menu had the two integrals:
Int(2) [indefinite], Int(4) [palette definite].
Thus the maple(Int(2)) was then OK.
Int(4) was the integrator from the palette.
SS 6179 f(x) menu has only int palette integrator.
So, if your latest 6884 has only int you are zap twice:
1. you are zap from Smath 6884 indefinite integral.
2. you are zap from maple(int,) because it is dead.
Offline Davide Carpi  
#9 Posted : 16 January 2019 14:10:03(UTC)
Davide Carpi


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Joined: 13/01/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,157
Man
Italy
Location: Italy

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 715 post(s)
For reference, even if it int(2) is hidden can be always created by typing int(, or int(; depending on what is your argument separator.

functions like int(2) or lim(3) are not available in the functions' list because at the moment are "dead symbols" without third party plugins like maple or maxima.

BTW it is possible for developpers to add additional toolboxes, thus a plugin like maxima (for example), might expose them.
If you like my plugins please consider a donation to SMath Studio; for personal contributions to me: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline mkraska  
#10 Posted : 16 January 2019 19:11:33(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,486
Germany

Was thanked: 789 time(s) in 504 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Davide Carpi Go to Quoted Post


BTW it is possible for developpers to add additional toolboxes, thus a plugin like maxima (for example), might expose them.


I assume you have in mind side bar palettes.

Sounds like an interesting option. Is there some template where I can see how to do that?
How about toolbar buttons and settings tabs?
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline Jean Giraud  
#11 Posted : 16 January 2019 20:56:59(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,603
Canada

Was thanked: 676 time(s) in 528 post(s)
... like this SS 6179

int(,).PNG
Offline Davide Carpi  
#12 Posted : 17 January 2019 02:06:45(UTC)
Davide Carpi


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Joined: 13/01/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,157
Man
Italy
Location: Italy

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 715 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
I assume you have in mind side bar palettes.
Sounds like an interesting option. Is there some template where I can see how to do that?

You can use this as reference.
There are some known issues in certain cases (missing buttons) but you can fix them using the Size attribute and playing with how the buttons are sorted.

2019-01-16 20_01_01-Window.png

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
How about toolbar buttons and settings tabs?

I've played a lot with toolbars, it's very nice what would be possible to do with them. Unfortunately although the interaction within an interface was a successful challenge, the main problem was that the toolstrips (each palette you can create/show/move in the toolbar) are hard to handle when the window is resized, resulting often in messed up layouts of the program window. This is even worse under mono, where toolstrips cannot be dragged around by the user. I guess that a solution might be to build some sort of ribbon menu, where items under the same category can be placed one next to the other an the whole group can be scrolled if the length exceed the window width, but this is just an idea and requires many efforts, especially to keep it compatible with older machines.

If for settings tabs you mean something like properties palette of autocad, it is something that I'm thinking about since a while, I guess they would be applicable on any platform if designed correctly.

Edited by user 17 January 2019 02:10:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins please consider a donation to SMath Studio; for personal contributions to me: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 18/01/2019(UTC),  on 18/01/2019(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#13 Posted : 18 January 2019 17:20:28(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,486
Germany

Was thanked: 789 time(s) in 504 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Davide Carpi Go to Quoted Post

If for settings tabs you mean something like properties palette of autocad, it is something that I'm thinking about since a while, I guess they would be applicable on any platform if designed correctly.


Don't know Autocad. Just the tools> settings dialog, which already has two tabs. A third tab would be a good place for maxima settings (e.g. path to Maxima, default graph sizes, custom translations, etc.), better than under Insert> Maxima.

Alternatively, a settings button/dialog in the plugin manager would be useful (for any plugin, which offers settings).
Under Tools> settings, a separate tab could contain similar buttons for all plugins which actually offer settings.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.