Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sud  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2009 11:38:30(UTC)
Sud

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Thank you so much for the time that you have spent on a very powerful free program. I have been a serious user of Mathcad for the last 15 years.

I have listed three important elements that you should consider. The first two I think are essential.

1. Help! I need an option to disable automatic re-calculation. Mathcad uses “F9” for manual recalculation when automatic recalculation is turned off. It takes much time to wait for recalculation while composing the document.

2. Help! Must have a way to interrupt computation. This is needed if an endless or a very long calculation is started by accident. (I do this too often.) Mathcad uses the “esc” key to do this.

3. It would be good if a “program” (for, while, if, & line) could be on the right side of a function definition. For example, I have written a Discreet Fouier Transform (DFT) for SMath which uses a “FOR” loop. It would be good if I could write it as a function.

(BTW: The DFT runs very slowly. 10 or 15 minutes for 30 points! I hope to improve it by taking advantage of symmetry, or I will write an FFT. I usually like DFT because I want the whole complex result.)

Sud

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2009 05:19:21(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.
Thank you for the interest to our project!
I absolutely agree with all items you publish. Will do all of these and will try to do it in short time. Working on [3] now a days.

P.S.: Can you provide me with your DFT realization? I'll try to optimize code to reduce a calculation time.