Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jakobg  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2009 05:14:18(UTC)
jakobg

Groups: Registered
Man

Hello,

I tried to write a Runge-Kutta-Algorithm but I got a strange conversion type error. I've put a screenshot, the sm-File and an additional scilab-File (which shows what I was trying to do) on rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/231885672/RK4.rar

It is strange because if I just calculate the equation there is no error. The error arises just when I try to allocate a variable with the equation.

During this example I found a few things which might be nice to implement:
1) replace or set complete lines of a matrix (it is possible with el(), but not with row() or col() )
2) add lines to the programming tool line()
3) define return feature to use line() within a function definition (e.g. func(x):=line(a:=3;return a*x))
4) Button to disable/enable calculation (important if you deal with big matrices)

that's all for now Biggrinancing:

Ciao Jakob

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2009 15:02:26(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello, Jakob.
All the features you requested should be done. I'm agree. So, I'm going to work Good
Will check error later today and will answer then.

P.S.: Regarding to adding lines to the programming tool line() - it is possible to do now. Just place cursor on the left or on the right of the Line (it's actual also for Sys() and Mat()) and you will see a small Tag on the lower-right corner. Just move this Tag with a mouse or stylus to change size of the object. Here is a screen:

Edited by user 12 May 2009 15:10:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline omorr  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2009 02:25:56(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
"Type conversion error.
Please contact the developer"

error message appear when inserting a matrix as another matrix element. Actually, it is allowed to define such a matrix (like in Mathcad) but the error will apear when trying to display it.
I suppose multidimensional arrayes are not implemented yet and maybe planned for some next releases.

On the second thoughts, I think that just two dimensinal arrays might be just enough.

Regards,
Radovan

P.S. I am just playing Good

Edited by user 25 June 2009 04:11:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2009 02:55:15(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

smath wrote:
Just place cursor on the left or on the right of the Line (it's actual also for Sys() and Mat()) and you will see a small Tag on the lower-right corner. Just move this Tag with a mouse or stylus to change size of the object. Here is a screen:

One should be careful when, say, decrease the matrix dimension. The changes will be saved by releasing the mouse button. On the other hand, Undo will get matrix back, but often the last matrix elemet - lower right element - value will be lost (the empty placeholder appear instead)

Regards,
Radovan
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#5 Posted : 25 June 2009 08:32:26(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

omorr wrote:
One should be careful when, say, decrease the matrix dimension. The changes will be saved by releasing the mouse button. On the other hand, Undo will get matrix back, but often the last matrix elemet - lower right element - value will be lost (the empty placeholder appear instead)

Thank you for the bug reports! This one is new for me, so doublethanks!
I've fixed the last one with matrix resizing and here is new build for you: SMathStudioDesktop.0_80_3463.Setup.msi
It includes really many important fixes, so, I think this version would be more interesting for you.
Mathcad files parsing improved (.xmcd files), bugs fixed, numden(..) and range(..) functions added, Disable/Enable evaluation implemented via Context Menu, you can check multiple Graphs here as well and etc. Also it has Insert -> Area menuitem, but work in progress there, so it has several known bugs - just don't use it.

Just one more thing - this is beta, public release version will be available later.
Offline omorr  
#6 Posted : 25 June 2009 13:49:38(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Thank you,

I will test it of course, regarding that I am playing with it just few days - and I like it Good . Just one thing at the moment before I install this beta, please. I suppose there is no way in SMath yet to have a vector (single index). As we know, Mathcad consider column matrix as a vector (elements could be represented with single index).

Regards,
Radovan
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#7 Posted : 25 June 2009 14:48:22(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

SMath Studio also have Vector data type (it's matrix with single column, too), but it still not have element getter with single index. I hope to find a time for this before the next release will be ready.
Offline omorr  
#8 Posted : 25 June 2009 17:17:48(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Thanking in advance Good

I tried "denum" - it seems it works OK as numerical or symbolic.

I had some troubles to figure out "range" (not understand it quite well from the help) but it seems it works pretty OK. As I have the comma as a decimal separator (Serbian regional settings) I am very satisfied that it works too. I tried this an it works Ok

1;3..9
-1;-3..-15 etc.

I did not know how to put multiple charts in one 2D plot and I guessed that Equation systems template might work. I was right and I could plot equations in x, user defined functions, two column matrix ... I suppose that some additional plot configuration and control will be implemented when you have the time. As I understood the chart colors are automatically selected, and the charts could be lines or dots at the moment. Am I right?
I've noted one thing also. When the plot is selected, and the option "Select all" is chosen by right click button, the word SELLECTALL will appear in the place of the editing line inside the graphics.

BTW, I like the system of using the mouse in 2D plots (moving, zooming...). I even do not know if Mathcad had ever had such a feature.

Regards,
Radovan
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#9 Posted : 25 June 2009 18:37:53(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

omorr wrote:
When the plot is selected, and the option "Select all" is chosen by right click button, the word SELLECTALL will appear in the place of the editing line inside the graphics.

Reproduced, will fix. Thank you.

One more thing: this beta already has ability to work with two different for(..) functions, with 3 and 4 arguments. Here an example I've prepared:
Open in SMath Cloud
Offline omorr  
#10 Posted : 25 June 2009 19:21:51(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Very good!

By the way, how did you do that? Whatever I done it always brings the Mathcad like for loop (three arguments). I managed once somehow to get the C style (four arguments) but did not pay attention how? Choosing from the template, or Inserting - function will always give Mathcad like for loop, although in the Inserting Function, Example field the C style remained. Even if I try to put "for(" after the second argument it brings me back to the Mathcad style.

EDIT: I fugured out! Put the second argument say k<5 and after that ; will give C style foor loop

Edited by user 25 June 2009 19:28:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#11 Posted : 25 June 2009 19:35:06(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

You just need to press on the functions argument delimiter button one more time and SMath Studio will redraw for expression to C style.

• For function with 1 arg:
    for(#)
  • For function with 2 args:
    for(#;#)
  • For function with 3 args:
    for(#;#;#)
  • For function with 4 args:
    for(#;#;#;#)
  • For function with 5 args:
    for(#;#;#;#;#)

Functions with 1, 2 or 5 and more arguments can be used as user defined.

Same stuff with diff(..) and range(..) functions. This logic goes throw the whole program...
Offline omorr  
#12 Posted : 25 June 2009 19:51:11(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Thank you, I understand it now.

Regards,
Radovan