Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline martinthun  
#1 Posted : 11 January 2012 08:02:35(UTC)
martinthun

Groups: Registered
Man

hi

It would be nice if there were some kind of indication of where the page end (end of margin), a line or something.
There could also be a line when you go to another page.

also

The unit gram is in Smath Studio shortened 'gm'. Normaly it would be 'g'. I know that g is already used to the gravitational acceleration and G to Gauss.
But would it perhaps be possible to make 'g' be grams or maybe use 'gram'. 'gm' seems not always logical.

Regards, Martin

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 11 January 2012 12:05:31(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.

Yes, I plan to create indication of pages (according to print settings) in the nearest future.

Regarding 'gm': initially I've implemented gram as 'gm' because of the same unit name in Mathcad. Not sure I should change it (replace gravitational acceleration or something similar), but I can easily add gram name to the units list.
By the way, you can simply test it by yourself while I'm working on the new version of SMath Studio:
  1. Find a file entries\Units.xml in the installation directory of the program (standard path to this file is C:\Program Files (x86)\SMath\SMath Studio\entries\Units.xml)
  2. Find the lines about gram and add new name to the unit as shown below (your line must not be a first for the parent tag):

3. Start the program and test it:

Please, note, that if you save the results to a file and send it to someone with default Units.xml file - your file will be calculated with non converted units! Warning: don't remove or change any existing entries from Units.xml - it may cause errors for the files created earlier! Please, be careful with it!

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

Edited by user 11 January 2012 12:08:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 02/01/2013(UTC)
Offline martinthun  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2012 06:15:27(UTC)
martinthun

Groups: Registered
Man

Hi Andrey

Perfect I will look foreward to pageindication.
And with the units, I can easily see the sense in following MathCad. But I thiunk it would be good to add gram also.

Regards, Martin