Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2009 07:02:20(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
New SMath Studio 0.82 Stable available

Absolutely free mathematical program with "paper"-like interface and numerous computing features (now with integrated mathematical reference book).

SMath Studio Handheld on the Smartphone

Quote:
Controls:

With consecutive pushing of this button you can choose: "1", delimiter of the number ",", "square root - sqrt", "n-th root - nthroot", "integral - int", "function to find roots of equations - solve". To lock any variant just stop pushing this button 1 second.
-
With consecutive pushing of this button you can choose: "number related to the button", "symbols related to this button". To lock any variant just stop pushing this button 1 second.

With consecutive pushing of this button you can choose: "plus operator", "minus operator", "multiplication operator", "division operator", "exponentiation operator", "plus/minus operator", "factorial", "vector multiplication operator". Also with this pushed button you can highlight the part of equation by using Left/Right buttons.

By "clicking" on this button program will numerically calculate equation (this means "="); by pushing button more than 0,4 sec. program will symbolically calculate equation (this means "->"). Also, if the cursor located on the right of the not defined variable or not defined function this button will create a definition operator (this means ":=" ).

Removing last character (Backspace). In the mathematical reference book this button means "Back".

SMath Studio Handheld on the Communicator (PPC)

SMath Studio Desktop on the Desktop (Windows)

SMath Studio Desktop on the Desktop (Linux)

Last changes

• Now calculation works into a separate thread;
  • Added ability to interrupt evaluation;
  • Added ability to plot multiple graphs on the canvas (2D & 3D): multiple Graphs can be specified by functions or/and points at the same time; +/- and -/+ operators also can be used;
  • 2D Graphs now can be inserted into the page by pressing "@" symbol;
  • Auto calculation on/off option implemented and can be switched via Calculation menuitem;
  • Added ability to Disable/Enable Evaluation for the Math and Plot Controls with a context menu;
  • Added abilities to simplify logarithms: a^{u*ln(Cool/ln(a)} -> e^{u*ln(Cool}, e^{u*ln(Cool} -> b^u and 10^{u*lg(Cool} -> b^u;
  • New range(..) function of 2 and 3 arguments implemented;
  • New diff(..) function with 3 arguments implemented;
  • New numden(...) function added to Numeric and Symbolic library, it returns a vector of numerator and denominator values of expression;
  • Function solve(..) with 4 arguments implemented;
  • New Function added: diag(..), stack(..), submatrix(..) and augment(..);
  • Added "for" loop function with 3 arguments;
  • Symbolic functions speed improved: rows(..), cols(..), el(..) and length(..);
  • XMCD file parser improved (auto change of log function to lg/log10; some parse error fixed; added ability to open .xmcd files with full support of Area Control; full support to open/save Derivatives);
  • Fixed critical error occurs on opening file saved by program with another regional settings, if it contain Graphs and/or if it contain numbers with floating point;
  • Desktop: Insert Function and Insert Operator dialogs updated: added "Example" and "Description" labels to dialogs;
  • Undo/Redo functionality improved when it used after resizing mat(..), sys(..), or line(..) functions by the mouse;
  • Desktop: "Recalculate page" button added to the Toolbar;
  • Fixed Select All command for Plot Control;
  • Fixed conversion issue when user inputs floating point numbers without zero on the start, like ".25" (instead of "0.25");
  • Fixed critical error when press ";" button (RUS local) after "f(n)" + spacebar;
  • Improved errors displaying on symbolic trigonometric calculations;
  • Fixed errors in symbolic library (calculation of sin(-x); ({0,77-2}/6 -> 41/200); complex calculation: -1/{i^2}=1/1; "{1±1}/{2*(-5)}" calculation; factorial of the parameter calculation (1/{x!}); Transpose function evaluation; matrix calculations when working with Division operator). It happens in some cases on symbolic calculation only;
  • Instant "col" and "row" functions implemented in Symbolic library;
  • Fixed errors with "for" and "while" loops - program returns error messages in some cases;
  • Fixed issue when Symbolic library have not simplified the operands of boolean and some others operators;
  • Fixed error of Gamma function (it can't be calculated if argument is a defined above parameter);
  • Fixed error when it is impossible to redefine the cell of matrix/vector by el(...) function if one of the index is not a simple number, but is expression with operators, functions or brackets;
  • Now program calls an error if el(...) function indexes is not an integer;
  • Fixed error of differentiation. If function is not defined program now will return this function into diff(...);
  • Fixed error of differentiation when working with such functions as el(...), row(...), col(...), etc.;
  • Added ability in symbolic library to simplify imaginary number when it has an integer power;
  • Parsing string with Degree symbol fixed;
  • Matrix LU decomposition implemented to get inverse matrix instead of Gauss method;
  • Fixed issue when removing of parameter declaration doesn't affect on calculations;
  • Math expression input improved;
  • Loops processing speed increased;
  • Fixed DUT language translation error;
  • Code optimizaion.

System requirements

• Handheld:
    Framework: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 cab (5,33МБ), zip (1,99МБ)
    Compatibility: Pocket PC 2002, WM 2003, WM 2003 SE, WM 5, WM 6, WM 6.1, full VGA support, all PPC's, Comunicators and smartphones.
  • Desktop (Windows):
    Framework: .NET Framework 2.0
  • Desktop (Linux):
    Framework: Mono 2.0 (libmono-winforms-2.0-cil package) or higher

Interface languages

Desktop и Handheld (21 languages):
  • [ENG] English / English
  • [GER] German / Deutsch
  • [DUT] Dutch / Nederlands
  • [SPA] Spanish / Español
  • [FRE] French / Français
  • [POR] Portuguese / Português
  • [CPP] Portuguese (Brazil) / Brazil (Português)
  • [SCR] Croatian / Hrvatski
  • [SCC] Serbian / Srpski
  • [GRE] Greek / Ελληνικά
  • [TUR] Turkish / Türkçe
  • [CHS] Chinese (Simplified) / 简体中文
  • [CHT] Chinese (Traditional) / 簡體中文
  • [CZE] Czech / Čeština
  • [HUN] Hungarian / Magyar
  • [ITA] Italian / Italiano
  • [POL] Polish / Polski
  • [RUS] Russian / Русский
  • [BUL] Bulgarian / Български
  • [LTH] Lithuanian / Lietuvių
  • [UKR] Ukrain / Українська

Free Download

* For installation of the program from PPC it is necessary to transfer a file on Your handheld computer (for example, with MS ActiveSync) and start it there with Your file manager.
    ** For installation of the program from PC it is necessary to install MS ActiveSync first.

Edited by user 21 July 2009 06:16:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

• Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline jakobg  
    #2 Posted : 09 July 2009 04:06:36(UTC)
    jakobg

Groups: Registered
    Man

Hi smath!

Thanks again for your brilliant work! Unfortunatelly I have to report a bug I found. I use the Windows Version. When I first open smath everything works fine, but if I open the reference book and close it again I can't insert formulars, text, ... anymore. The same error appears with the Portable Version. Another point is when I open the reference book again it is empty.

I'm really sorry to report this!!! Sad

By the way how to add a second graph into a plot?

Thanks and sorry again!!

Ciao Jakob
    Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #3 Posted : 09 July 2009 07:58:41(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
    Man
    Russian Federation

Many thanks, Jakob!

I've fixed described issue and have updated the distributives.

jakobg wrote:
    By the way how to add a second graph into a plot?

Please, use sys(..) function. I will create a small howto as soon as I'll find a time.
    Offline omorr  
    #4 Posted : 21 July 2009 02:59:20(UTC)
    omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
    Man
    Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
    Hello Andrey,

I could see that on my computer here "]" keystroke will not give the "range" function but "line". On the other hand even three keystrokes """ , "{" , "}" will give "insert text" option. This might be again due to my old computer. I'll try tomorow on some other computers.

BTW, OchkovVE gives the hystory of "Range variable" and its primer use in Mathcad. I did not quite understand all the text (Russian) but in my experience there might be some inconsistencies and frustrations sometimes with different types of variables. Range variables in the first place and matrices (vectors) in the second place. In SMath the range variable is defined as matrix at the moment. Is this better then the definition in Mathcad? I do not know at the moment. We (Mathcad users) are used to use range variables to define matrix (vectors) indices together with their values. In SMath that functionality is not yet defined.

Regards,
    Radovan
    When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
    Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #5 Posted : 21 July 2009 06:33:59(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Man
    Russian Federation

omorr wrote:
    I could see that on my computer here "]" keystroke will not give the "range" function but "line".

You are right, sorry. Change "Added new keystroke - "]". Can be used to insert "range" function" removed from change log.

omorr wrote:
    We (Mathcad users) are used to use range variables to define matrix (vectors) indices together with their values. In SMath that functionality is not yet defined.

Yeah, I know. I hope to allow such actions in the future.

omorr wrote:
    In SMath the range variable is defined as matrix at the moment.

You always write, that vectors are not implemented in SMath Studio. This is not true. Vector is a matrix column here (with regards to the math rules). So, matrix with one column is a vector. And... result of the range function is a vector also.
    Working with vectors, matrices, arrays, tables (?) in Mathcad is not easy in some cases. SMath Studio has no Array Type now, you simply can use Vector Type in exchange.
    Offline omorr  
    #6 Posted : 21 July 2009 14:22:26(UTC)
    omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
    Man
    Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
    smath wrote:
    You always write, that vectors are not implemented in SMath Studio. This is not true. Vector is a matrix column here (with regards to the math rules). So, matrix with one column is a vector. And... result of the range function is a vector also.
    Working with vectors, matrices, arrays, tables (?) in Mathcad is not easy in some cases. SMath Studio has no Array Type now, you simply can use Vector Type in exchange.

Sorry, Andrey you are right. I forgot that due to Mathcad "thinking". I always assume that the vector is an array with one index-subscript (by convection Mathcad uses this as matrix column omitting the second index - some other software uses "vector<=>matrix row" ). You are also right about Mathcad and its treating vectors and matrices. Sometimes there are inconsistencies in using some of the functions on vectors and matrices - do not understand why.

In SMath there are always two index - subscripts concerning that for vectors the second index is always one. I hope I am right about this.
    BTW, you mentioned Vector Type and the "Type" of data. The Vector Type is defined by Insert Matrix or the function which returns matrix. Am I right? What are the other Types? I think (not sure) that there are no functions in SMath to check what kind of data is the particular variable?. I suppose that there are only two numerical Types, scalar type and vector type?

Regards,
    Radovan
    When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"