Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gautxori  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2021 00:40:41(UTC)
gautxori

Groups: Registered
Spain

I find current input keyboard for smath on android quite deceiving, to say the less:
now

I wish we had a skinning system similar to the Emu48 emulator (there's no better calculator emulator for Android), which allows the user to fully customize the calculator keyboard.
I think it would be really simple to do (at least for "non-shifted keys"Wink, and I guess we'll have to wait:
in future?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline overlord  
#2 Posted : 09 June 2021 00:55:43(UTC)
overlord

Turkey

Was thanked: 506 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gautxori Go to Quoted Post
I wish we had a skinning system similar to the Emu48 emulator (there's no better calculator emulator for Android), which allows the user to fully customize the calculator keyboard.

That is just a matter of taste, I like TI-89 Titanium emulator much more.
You have to download firmware for TI-89 to make it work, it is just a shell for calculator.

Screenshot_20210609-140430.jpg

Edited by user 09 June 2021 14:06:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline gautxori  
#3 Posted : 10 June 2021 00:18:22(UTC)
gautxori

Spain

Originally Posted by: overlord Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gautxori Go to Quoted Post

That is just a matter of taste, I like TI-89 Titanium emulator much more.
You have to download firmware for TI-89 to make it work, it is just a shell for calculator.

Yes, I know of both, and more than taste, it's a matter of which one you know how to handle: i owned an hp48... since 1993 (up to less than a month: it died after trying to open it to fix serial port Sad ). I also used emu48 on a pocket pc since 2004... so for me "nothing tastes better than a hp48" (not really).
Being frank, a TI89 Titanium in amazon costs around 240 €, whereas a HP50 (also emulated in emu48) costs 400 €, so there must be something special in that calc.
But the issue was with the Smath keyboard in android: it's pityful. And after testing it both on a phone (Android 7.1) and a tablet (Android 4.2.2) I am even more deceived: the keys hardly work, i mean I was unable to input numbers, either from the standard keyboard on the mobile, or from the extended keyboard in Smath. It needs a full check.

BTW, do you know of any web sites providing (good, and free) Engineering Handbooks/ebooks/function packs, with at least a good pack of (properly sorted) maths and mechanical engineering formulas, preferably for Smath or for Mathcad?
The Reference Handbooks by Andrey Ivashov and Martin Kraska are good but only for basic maths, and the examples already included with Smath and in the forums too; the ptc mathcad community also provides many good examples; but I only found one web page providing a bunch of worksheets (https://sites.google.com/site/mathengjmg/download/worksheets), and nothing like the ones in mensys (these are f.c...ly expensive!)