Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2021 02:23:58(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
SMath Studio - SMath
Created by SMath LLC in the scope of SMath project. Published by smath.

SMath Studio

SMath Studio box

Tiny, but powerful mathematical program with WYSIWYG editor and complete units of measurements support.

It provides numerous computing features and rich user interface translated into about 40 different languages. Application also contains integrated mathematical reference book.

Free for personal usage! Plans for Organizations are available!

Application can be easily extended based on your needs. Built-in Extensions Manager tool allows to get access to hundreds official and third-party resources of the following types: usage examples, plug-ins, SMath Viewer based applications, snippets, interface translations, interactive books, handbooks and tutorials.

I needed the simplest functions, which I did in Mathcad. Now this software does everything I need. Keep up the good work. Brilliant. Thank you. more...

by Kunt Celebi

Probably the best free math program out there. As a mechanical engineering student, so many calculations can be almost entirely automated using SMath Studio. more...

by Bellus

Andrey has given us back the joy of Math that we experimented with Mathcad some thirty years ago, until PTC messed it all up. A fantastic achievement! And free! I am beginning to use it intensively to help my engineering students. more...

by Manuel Vargas

thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 13/05/2021(UTC),  on 13/05/2021(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2021 02:39:37(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Improved Search panel:
ss_search_1.png

Copy from Worksheet to Document:
ss_copy_to_text_1.gif

Automated plug-ins update after new SMath Studio installation:
ss_auto_update_1.gif

Edited by user 13 May 2021 02:41:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 13/05/2021(UTC),  on 13/05/2021(UTC),  on 13/05/2021(UTC),  on 13/05/2021(UTC)
Offline wb.c  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2021 17:18:27(UTC)
wb.c

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I'm getting a virus issue when I save an exe in the full version.

Capture111.PNG

The file seems to work fine on the computer I created it on, but when I send it to another PC, windows defender blocks it and detects the trojan Win32/AgentTesla!ml.
Not sure how to handle this. I can't distribute exe files like this.

*when I send it in a zipped folder via email.

Edited by user 13 May 2021 17:40:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jean Giraud  
#4 Posted : 13 May 2021 17:28:02(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 808 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wb.c Go to Quoted Post
I can't distribute exe files like this.

Any *.exe is prone to virus, though many are reputed safe.
IrfanView, WinGrab, WASP, ColorPick, Calipers ...
The MathSoft Collaboratory did reject any *.exe attachment.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#5 Posted : 13 May 2021 17:32:45(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

The file seems to work fine on the computer I created it on, but when I send it to another PC, windows defender blocks it and detects the trojan Win32/AgentTesla!ml.
Not sure how to handle this. I can't distribute exe files like this.

False positive. Anti-virus software sometimes do not like when programs creates other programs. You have to contact to your anti-virus vendor or exclude such programs from scanning.

Unfortunately I can do nothing with it.
Offline wb.c  
#6 Posted : 13 May 2021 17:43:34(UTC)
wb.c

United States

Just an update. I transferred the file with a flash drive instead of email and there is no issue at all. No virus detected, no unknown program warning, as it had worked in the past.
I was using the native windows zip feature, maybe that had something to do with it?

Thanks for the quick feedback Andrey.
Offline wb.c  
#7 Posted : 13 May 2021 19:56:47(UTC)
wb.c

United States

Alright, did some more testing and no matter how I send the file (removed extension, fake extension, zipped, file share download) windows is still detecting a virus.

How are we supposed to share our exe files if they get blocked as viruses? I don't remember this being an issue before as I've sent several of my exe files before without issues.

Capture33.PNG
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#8 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:22:57(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Alright, did some more testing and no matter how I send the file (removed extension, fake extension, zipped, file share download) windows is still detecting a virus.

How are we supposed to share our exe files if they get blocked as viruses? I don't remember this being an issue before as I've sent several of my exe files before without issues.

I'm using Windows 10 and cannot reproduce this issue. Are you sure your PC has no viruses which could break exe files generated by SMath Studio?
Offline wb.c  
#9 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:27:40(UTC)
wb.c

United States

I'm running win10 as well. No viruses. Try to zip an exe and sent it to another computer running windows. Remember, this is not a problem for the computer where I made the exe, only when I share it.

By the way, the exact same exe file copied to to the other computer using a USB drive has no issues at all. Only having issues when the exe comes off of email or is downloaded.

Edited by user 13 May 2021 20:29:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline overlord  
#10 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:28:32(UTC)
overlord

Turkey

Was thanked: 506 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
I'm using Windows 10 and cannot reproduce this issue. Are you sure your PC has no viruses which could break exe files generated by SMath Studio?

Probably he has one that machine doesn't aware of.
In my old job my pc has one too and all SMath Viewer files I produced with them had trojans.
At the same time that was not an issue with my home pc wtih same SMath version and files.
This issue has been corrected after a format.

Regards
Offline Davide Carpi  
#11 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:40:03(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
AgentTesla is a quite specific Trojan, usually in the cases of false positive triggered by suspicious behavior the issue is labeled with something like "generic.win32". The detection is based on euristic algorithms thus not so straightforward and just speculation, but the fact that is prompted by a popular antivurus but not noticed by anyone (AFAIK) might indicate a system infection rather than a program issue.
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Razonar  
#12 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:42:53(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Hi. First, do you scan the file with others AV? You can do that online without installing anything at several sites. For instance you can try at

https://online.drweb.com/

https://opentip.kaspersky.com/

Windows defender isn't a robust AV.

On the other hand, the SMath viewer files store the plugins necessary for their execution within the exe file. That is, if any of the extension files used by the .sm file that you "compile" has a virus, or a false positive report, it will only give that positive with the plugins you use in that particular file, which may be very difficult to reproduce that positive.

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline wb.c  
#13 Posted : 13 May 2021 20:54:32(UTC)
wb.c

United States

Did a scan on the kaspersky site and the exe file is clean.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#14 Posted : 13 May 2021 21:57:39(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Razonar Go to Quoted Post
On the other hand, the SMath viewer files store the plugins necessary for their execution within the exe file. That is, if any of the extension files used by the .sm file that you "compile" has a virus, or a false positive report, it will only give that positive with the plugins you use in that particular file, which may be very difficult to reproduce that positive.

All plug-ins are compiled on the dedicated build machine (setup for SMath project exclusively) which has no Internet access and has installed Kasperski Anti-virus. In addition all files downloaded using HTTPS which guarantees compiled files are identical to what you received on your machine.
So what you've described is almost impossible situation.
Offline Razonar  
#15 Posted : 13 May 2021 23:12:52(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Razonar Go to Quoted Post

All plug-ins are compiled on the dedicated build machine (setup for SMath project exclusively) which has no Internet access and has installed Kasperski Anti-virus. In addition all files downloaded using HTTPS which guarantees compiled files are identical to what you received on your machine.
So what you've described is almost impossible situation.

Hi Andrey. I'm explain very bad. Let me try to say the same with an example.

This file calculate a numerical value of an integral, but evaluated symbolically, only with SMath int(x^2,x,0,a) function. It's size is 2 793 bytes

SMathViewerWithOutMaple.zip (603kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Clipboard02.jpg

This other do the same, but with the maple plugin as maple(int(x^2,x,0,a)), and it's size is now 14 489 088 bytes.

SMathViewerWithMaple.zip (14,150kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Clipboard01.jpg

What I mean with "compile" it's that for this second file all the files for maple are stored in the exe file, for example gif.dll, mkernel.dll, cmaple.exe. Those maple files are very old, and are good candidates for false positives. It could be hard to determine for which plugin an AV like windows defender goes to return false positives if you don't know which plugin is stored in the exe SMath Viewer.

Hope now I explain better.

Best regards.
Alvaro.

Edited by user 13 May 2021 23:16:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Razonar for this useful post.
on 14/05/2021(UTC)
Offline Denis.N  
#16 Posted : 14 May 2021 15:52:47(UTC)
Denis.N

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Problems with copy and paste in document mode
oW06TlTbBP.gif
Offline PompelmoTell  
#17 Posted : 14 May 2021 16:03:19(UTC)
PompelmoTell

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I confirm what is indicated by Denis, even in my installation

sergio
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#18 Posted : 14 May 2021 16:40:27(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Denis.N Go to Quoted Post
Problems with copy and paste in document mode

Yeah, it is a known issue - copy/paste of content inside Text Region is not implemented yet (except simple text). I plan to handle it soon.
Thank you!
thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 14/05/2021(UTC),  on 14/05/2021(UTC)
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#19 Posted : 14 May 2021 16:52:48(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Did a scan on the kaspersky site and the exe file is clean.

I have some good news regarding false positive detection! After a long night and morning I've found binary pattern which triggers some AVs to mark executables created by Viewer as malicious...
Knowing it I've added possibility to give AVs a fight! Unfortunately I have to disable compression of internal resources to do it, but I do not think it is so bad.
Please try a new SMath Studio version - it has the following checkbox (uncheck -> file size increased -> AVs are happy -> profit):
viewer_options_compression_1.jpg

Here are results of testing the output result in VirusTotal:

Before
virustotal_viewer_1_before.jpg
https://www.virustotal.c...a71f82f384cb44/detection

After
virustotal_viewer_1_after.jpg
https://www.virustotal.c...3953893f835389/detection

Best regards.

Edited by user 14 May 2021 17:04:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#20 Posted : 14 May 2021 18:29:40(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Just to mention: in my case file size without compression is 1.35MB (against to 0.6MB with compression). But using 7-Zip afterwards allows to make a size less than 0.5MB, which is good enough for delivering to other people.

Please confirm issue with copy/paste of exe files fixed now.