Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 23 November 2020 01:59:11(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
SMath Studio - SMath
Created by SMath LLC in the scope of SMath project. Published by smath.

SMath Studio

SMath Studio box

Tiny, but powerful mathematical program with WYSIWYG editor and complete units of measurements support.

It provides numerous computing features and rich user interface translated into about 40 different languages. Application also contains integrated mathematical reference book.

Free for personal usage! Plans for Organizations are available!

Application can be easily extended based on your needs. Built-in Extensions Manager tool allows to get access to hundreds official and third-party resources of the following types: usage examples, plug-ins, SMath Viewer based applications, snippets, interface translations, interactive books, handbooks and tutorials.

trop bien ce programme....pour faire de fiches de calcul. en plus on peut ouvrir des fiches Mathcad sans souci aucun. more...

by aedes

Great little tool, happy that someone made this - best alternative for prime. I still hate the breakdown of the Mathcad legacy - you are a proud successor.... more...

by Robbert

Andrey has given us back the joy of Math that we experimented with Mathcad some thirty years ago, until PTC messed it all up. A fantastic achievement! And free! I am beginning to use it intensively to help my engineering students. more...

by Manuel Vargas

thanks 5 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 23/11/2020(UTC),  on 23/11/2020(UTC),  on 23/11/2020(UTC),  on 24/11/2020(UTC),  on 27/11/2020(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 23 November 2020 02:41:15(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Information about Document mode can be found here: https://en.smath.com/for...20002_Document-mode.aspx

See also:
  • New scaling modes:
    scalingmode_1.jpg

• Preview in SMath Viewer:
    previewinviewer_1.jpg

• Line breaks:
    txt_reg_line break_1.PNG

Edited by user 23 November 2020 12:18:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mkraska  
#3 Posted : 01 December 2020 23:19:45(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tomtit Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey,

Starting since version 0.99.7610, the EFI plugin doesn't work on one of my PCs, but works fine on another one.
I tried to investigate the issue and found that it happens after I set 32-bit flag for using the plugin.
Both computers run the same latest version of Win10_x64.
After starting 32b-"patched" SmathStudio, it pops up hole bunch of messages like "bla-bla-bla.dll is not found".
If I clear the 32bit flag, Smath starts OK, but of course EFI doesn't work.
The same "patched" SmathStudio works fine on another computer and EFI works too.
Could you please advice how to fix this strange issue?

Best Regards,
Igor

Possibly this is related to how you installed SMath Studio. If you directly download it from the web, then security settings in Windows may prevent some dlls from execution. Don't ask me why the executable can run but some dlls can't.

In the majority of the cases this can be fixed by copying the files to some flash drive and then copy them back. This seems to remove some obscure "dangerous" flag.
My observation is that not every computer is affected by this, possibly depends on the windows build.

This created quite some confusion when I was faced with a lot of students failing to install SMath during an introductory course. I was close to suspecting something broken in my portable distribution (see link in the signature). Once the workaround was found, I placed a hint on the download site.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline uni  
#4 Posted : 02 December 2020 07:28:33(UTC)
uni

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 745 post(s)
When the program starts a log file appears in the plugin installation folder. Please, show its contents. If there are several folders, then try deleting everything and reinstalling the plugin.
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
thanks 1 user thanked uni for this useful post.
on 02/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Razonar  
#5 Posted : 04 December 2020 22:56:14(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Hi. Sorry if it's a silly question, but, from the post I read:

> Changes introduced in current build
> Improvements
> ...
> Preview in SMath Viewer menu item added to Tools menu;
> ...

What's "SMath Viewer"?

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#6 Posted : 05 December 2020 01:33:42(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Razonar Go to Quoted Post
Hi. Sorry if it's a silly question, but, from the post I read:

> Changes introduced in current build
> Improvements
> ...
> Preview in SMath Viewer menu item added to Tools menu;
> ...

What's "SMath Viewer"?

Best regards.
Alvaro.

Hello.

Please look into the following thread for the details about SMath Viewer: https://en.smath.com/for...st1784_SMath-Viewer.aspx

Best regards
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 05/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Razonar  
#7 Posted : 05 December 2020 02:16:27(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post

Please look into the following thread for the details about SMath Viewer: https://en.smath.com/for...st1784_SMath-Viewer.aspx

Best regards

Oh, thanks. I forgot that this is the name for make executables files. I guess that isn't the best name for that! Usually "Viewer" means a version for read files but without buying the software. There are also another "modes". Mathcad have some other. For instance, the web application server, with a lot of examples from Valery Ochkov. This could be a good bussines area for SMath for distribute worksheets in an enterprise intranet.

I think that the viewer "mode" is more than an "application server", but without a web based interface. Matlab have those both modes too. For example, this is the "Matlab expo" from an old version.

Clipboard02.jpg

This is yow it look for one example

Clipboard03.jpg

Notice that this could be called like a "slide mode" for matlab, but make those slides requires programming skills.

Mathcad demo mode that I have it's old: it's for DOS. Here the starting msg saying that it is free for distribute, under certain conditions:

Clipboard01.jpg

And here is how it looks:

Clipboard04.jpg

This is the demo folder for mathcad for DOS.

DEMO.ZIP (301kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#8 Posted : 05 December 2020 22:58:16(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

SMath Viewer is a free tool with some limitations for commercial usage. And limitations will gone soon in one of next releases. Just had no time to update a plugin yet.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 05/12/2020(UTC)