Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uni  
#21 Posted : 04 February 2019 17:19:24(UTC)
uni

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 745 post(s)
I'm more interested in circuits with transistors and opamps. You could see one simple circuit with a diode. It is interesting to me to study the behavior of amplifiers, analog solvers with operational amplifiers, generators on one transistor, multivibrators and other similar circuits. Also transient analysis. I think Spice# can do that. But the task should be the scheme, not net list. This is old school Good
Source codes in c# make this project cross-platform. I want something like Amplitude detector worksheet, but Spice# must solve the ODE.
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline alyles  
#22 Posted : 04 February 2019 18:51:25(UTC)
alyles

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 57 post(s)
LTSpice is free to download and pretty feature rich.
https://www.analog.com/e...s/ltspice-simulator.html
Feel free to join the SMath Studio Users Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/PayZpJW
Offline Razonar  
#23 Posted : 05 February 2019 02:19:11(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Originally Posted by: uni Go to Quoted Post
I'm more interested in circuits with transistors and opamps. You could see one simple circuit with a diode. It is interesting to me to study the behavior of amplifiers, analog solvers with operational amplifiers, generators on one transistor, multivibrators and other similar circuits. Also transient analysis. I think Spice# can do that. But the task should be the scheme, not net list. This is old school Good
Source codes in c# make this project cross-platform. I want something like Amplitude detector worksheet, but Spice# must solve the ODE.

Hi uni. The attached shows that what you need to do that is get inside SMath the net list (and, yes, that's very old school). So, that's means that with some kind of modeler plugin you can get the net list and further process it with some SMath MNA solver, and procedures for bode and others charts.

mna.gif
(example from https://www.swarthmore.e...na/MNA6.html#Example%205 )

The MNA implemented can work with opamps, so, given the equivalent circuit for some transistors, you can implement them. What I can't do yet is implement diodes.

Notice that this technique not solve an ode, but get the transfer function.

Best regards.
Alvaro.
thanks 1 user thanked Razonar for this useful post.
on 05/02/2019(UTC)
Offline uni  
#24 Posted : 12 February 2019 04:00:15(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

I think this may be useful for exchanging data between 32-bit and 64-bit programs. Some older libraries are only available in 32 bit format. For example, Matlab C++ Math Library. Also it is possible to use this library in Mono (Linux) using maple-like way.

It is very difficult, but in my opinion it is possible.

1. Basics of working with pipes in C#.
2. C# Async Named Pipes.
3. C# Anonymous Pipes for Interprocess Communication.
4. Named Pipe Wrapper.
5. Interprocess Communication Between 32-bit and 64-bit Applications.
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
thanks 1 user thanked uni for this useful post.
on 12/02/2019(UTC)
Offline uni  
#25 Posted : 11 May 2020 14:44:07(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

LiveCharts - simple, flexible, interactive & powerful data visualization for .Net. LiveCharts is just data visualization but built and for everyone.
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline uni  
#26 Posted : 27 October 2020 09:04:00(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

SUNDIALS: SUite of Nonlinear and DIfferential/ALgebraic equation Solvers

Link: https://github.com/LLNL/sundials

The SUNDIALS suite consists of the following packages:

• ARKODE - for integration of stiff, nonstiff, and multirate ordinary differential equation systems (ODEs) of the form

M y' = f1(t,y) + f2(t,y), y(t0) = y0

• CVODE - for integration of stiff and nonstiff ordinary differential equation systems (ODEs) of the form

y' = f(t,y), y(t0) = y0

• CVODES - for integration and sensitivity analysis (forward and adjoint) of ordinary differential equation systems (ODEs) of the form

y' = f(t,y,p), y(t0) = y0(p)

• IDA - for integration of differential-algebraic equation systems (DAEs) of the form

F(t,y,y' ) = 0, y(t0) = y0, y'(t0) = y0'

• IDAS - for integration and sensitivity analysis (forward and adjoint) of differential-algebraic equation systems (DAEs) of the form

F(t,y,y',p) = 0, y(t0) = y0(p), y'(t0) = y0'(p)

• KINSOL - for solution of nonlinear algebraic systems of the form

F(u) = 0
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
thanks 1 user thanked uni for this useful post.
on 27/10/2020(UTC)
Offline uni  
#27 Posted : 26 November 2020 13:50:57(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

GeneticSharp

GeneticSharp is a fast, extensible, multi-platform and multithreading C# Genetic Algorithm library that simplifies the development of applications using Genetic Algorithms (GAs).

TSP (Travelling Salesman Problem)
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
thanks 2 users thanked uni for this useful post.
on 26/11/2020(UTC),  on 26/11/2020(UTC)
Offline overlord  
#28 Posted : 26 November 2020 14:26:55(UTC)
overlord

Turkey

Was thanked: 506 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Adding svg based interactively editable shapes as in ms office would be useful.

addshape.jpg
thanks 2 users thanked overlord for this useful post.
on 26/11/2020(UTC),  on 27/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Razonar  
#29 Posted : 26 November 2020 22:57:42(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Originally Posted by: overlord Go to Quoted Post

Great idea!
Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline overlord  
#30 Posted : 27 November 2020 05:03:41(UTC)
overlord

Turkey

Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
My vote for SVG plugin is NO, absolute |NO|.
Rather, a plugin advanced integrator rather than the native good/useless native Simpson.

The idea is a shape plugin, not an SVG plugin. Don't get upset but SVG is already supported.
You had already said no by the way, why bother to say another one?
And why you thought anyone would say NO to a good native integrator?
Why you compare a "going to be useful plugin" with other "going to be useful feature", decide to pick only one and dictate your opinion to other people?
Since it would be a plugin, you would have your option not to install it.
Besides, why triggered this much, it would not work on your build probably. Since you say NO even to newer builds of SMath.
Offline mkraska  
#31 Posted : 27 November 2020 19:05:12(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)

I'd vote for this as well. In engineering, documentation of calculations frequently involves sketches. Making them, so far requires a special setup and a non-obvious workflow (there are two sections on this in the Getting Started Guide example).
Currently, I recommend the image region with Paint as external editor for quick and dirty, yet editable sketches. Annotations can be done using math regions.

SVG would be smart, because this is stored as human readable xml anyways and therefore quite consistent with the .sm file format.

Usability would depend on a good tradeoff between functionality and simplicity, with the picture region where you can't even erase on the one extreme and applications like inkscape on the other extreme.

One might even think of parametrizing objects using canvas or placeholder variables.

Another trend I adopted recently is to include handwritten sketches in my documents (created with pen and tablet, using Onenote as application). I find myself spending much less time than with whatever graphics software on creating sketches for homework assignments, lecture notes or exams.

The ability to create and edit these in SMath Studio would be great.

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Jean Giraud  
#32 Posted : 27 November 2020 22:52:55(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 808 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Another trend I adopted recently is to include handwritten sketches in my documents (created with pen and tablet, using Onenote as application). I find myself spending much less time than with whatever graphics software on creating sketches for homework assignments, lecture notes or exams.

For that matter, I help myself further, for projects.
Mathcad 8 sold by > million, delivered with SmartSkech from Intergraph.
The demo c/w applicable maths is impressive. It included ISO circuits symbols,
has not been used except if not published in the Collaboratory.
In 1980, we had graphic packages to draw industrial plant c/w library of symbols.
It would draw from point to point something like Paint, color/thickness as desired.
In the mean time of inventing a new wheel, interested users may advance a profitable pace.
Cheers ... Jean

SVG.PNG

Inst_Filtrate Bin [Level].sm (34kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

Offline Jean Giraud  
#33 Posted : 28 November 2020 02:48:43(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

From the 100's documents projects/tutorials I have posted in Samples,
please show at least one where the sun is missing ...
I will show one for decorative, maths/Physics are not decoration.

Gyzmas.PNG

Spline De Casteljau SVG Companion Drum.sm (52kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
Spline De Casteljau SVG Companion.sm (100kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

Offline Razonar  
#34 Posted : 28 November 2020 04:29:27(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Hi. There are a lot of free resources for include sketch's, diagrams, technical draws and thinks like those in C sharp at sites like github and others. But what I think that is actually missing it's the ability for paste as an object and display it as an image, like the old OLE automation for editable objects like Autodesk draws, Visio schemas and usual windows and linux programs. Those objects are save inside the caller application file and can be easily modified just double clicking on it. Finally, it could be very important if SMath files can be inserted as objects into other windows applications, in other words, SMath as an OLE server.

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline overlord  
#35 Posted : 28 November 2020 09:03:02(UTC)
overlord

Turkey

Originally Posted by: Razonar Go to Quoted Post
Hi. There are a lot of free resources for include sketch's, diagrams, technical draws and thinks like those in C sharp at sites like github and others. But what I think that is actually missing it's the ability for paste as an object and display it as an image, like the old OLE automation for editable objects like Autodesk draws, Visio schemas and usual windows and linux programs. Those objects are save inside the caller application file and can be easily modified just double clicking on it. Finally, it could be very important if SMath files can be inserted as objects into other windows applications, in other words, SMath as an OLE server.

Best regards.
Alvaro.

I would want and regularly use a shape plugin. If it could be implemented well, plugin drastically reduce simple engineering sketch drawing without using any additional software.
I would deeply say YES to OLE implementation too, this is a should be feature actually.
Heck, thinking of OLE capabilities, why it is not in SMath until now?
Offline uni  
#36 Posted : 28 November 2020 11:26:22(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

A simple plug-in for drawing graphic shapes can be obtained by converting this project. It will be possible to insert simple shapes on the sheet and change their properties. The project sources do not depend on anything and can be used for all versions of the program. I can do it, but I don't have time for it.

Edited by user 28 November 2020 11:30:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline Jean Giraud  
#37 Posted : 28 November 2020 16:33:10(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Process Control & Instrumentation is as important than communications.
A Classroom on that is more than years, rather associative life time.
It deserves spending some times to image the math/physics under the hood.
Glyphes gadgets decoration does not bother me.

PID.PNG

Glyphes.PNG
Offline overlord  
#38 Posted : 28 November 2020 21:33:00(UTC)
overlord

Turkey

You really don't understand what we are telling, do you?
What if you really had to change the diagram or create a different diagram from scratch?

In the picture below, I had created your example diagram in MS Word using only shapes. Also added an additional step for you to understand.
It took me for 10 minutes to create it, and adding new step is only 5-10 seconds.
It is scalable and vectorial, you can easily add new items or remove existing without print quality loss.
You can also create it with Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, etc. But please explain, why shouldn't we also do this inside SMath?
We are just dreaming here (only dreaming at this moment) to create or manipulate this kind of things in SMath Studio.
Because this program is called "Studio". This is not an MatLab or MathCad clone.
You want only calculation, nothing else. If you want only calculation and math why don't you use MatLab at all?
I don't understand your motivation for opposing every new feature or idea, even existing bug corrections.
I remember very well, you had strongly resisted for header/footer also.
In the last weeks we were saying picture importing is not working under Linux and while you are not using Linux at all, you had strongly depicted nothing is wrong with SMath. Blissfully Andrey corrected that bug.
I have started to think you are deliberately doing this.

Regards

shapes.png
thanks 1 user thanked overlord for this useful post.
on 29/11/2020(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#39 Posted : 29 November 2020 00:17:04(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
BTW, such a plugin could be limited to shapes without annotations, as we always can place text or math regions wherever we want, keeping consistent style between annotated figures and the rest of the document.

The image above would also benefit from being annotated using math regions, as the sans serif font isn't really good for symbols. I suffer from that heavily in Moodle, where question input fields use sans serif. You can't tell lowercase L from capital I. It isn't just by chance that latex formulae use roman font.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Jean Giraud  
#40 Posted : 29 November 2020 03:58:53(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

You really don't understand what we are telling, do you?
What if you really had to change the diagram or create a different diagram from scratch?

In the picture below, I had created your example diagram in MS Word using only shapes. Also added an additional step for you to understand.

I understand and produce what the client team can visualize/sanity check, for them to solve/advance their demand. I was the sole Canadian single consultant for AECL [Atomic Energy Canada Limited ... not just a pet shop]. I appreciate what you can do otherwise, as long as you associate the maths that govern your new diagram. Your last circle ? comes from the maths that you have removed. In short, your diagram is crippled.
My original diagram represents a not visual working algo.
It complements the most common logic diagrams only useful for coding that needs no understanding the objective end use.
You are right, I don't understand why you are asking more about you own doing.
If you have it doing so simply, why a plugin rather that suggesting a tool ?
In that music, You play flute, I play "don't know" or vice versa.
Just need a Master Orchestra, chasing cloud by hand ... Seemingly, Martin offers himself.
Take care ... Jean