Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2012 19:16:14(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
I've investigated the way how Mathcad users documenting their documents. And I see that many SMath Studio users also use the same approach as shown below:

The only possible reason is that Mathcad developers didn't implement some standard way how to create descriptions for the definitions. So, I'm thinking now to do something like this:

This will also make it possible to use that descriptions in Dynamic Assistance tool:

I'm just started to implement it, so any suggestions or idea corrections will be very welcome!

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2012 21:00:39(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Andrey,

These function descriptions are in the spirit of SMath. I suppose that there must be some limitation in the description length/hight. If it would be to big, the large amount of worksheet might be covered with the description text.

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 27 February 2012 01:22:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Davide Carpi  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2012 22:42:20(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
great idea Good

I think the description could be organized to accommodate different fields (i.e. a general description, an input arguments description and an output argument description, or other data, like the revision number...)

Best Regards

w3b5urf3r
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects