Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2012 04:46:08(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Improvements done to simplify printing of the worksheets! See the screenshots below:

Fig. 1: Menu item to activate printing bounds mode.

Fig. 2: Empty worksheet (I've used landscape A6 here for better explanation). New worksheets appear as only data added to them.

Fig. 3: Worksheet example.

Fig. 4: Documents on print out are absolutely the same as shown in the SMath Studio GUI.

All these will be available in the future version of SMath Studio.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
thanks 3 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 21/02/2012(UTC),  on 21/02/2012(UTC),  on 22/02/2012(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2012 10:40:53(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Thank you Andrey Good ,

This feature is very useful and expected by many SMath users.

By the way, could you tell us what about the grey (nonprinting) area in few more details. I suppose that when View|Printing bounds is active, then the part of the worksheet outside the printing area will just become gray and non visible in the worksheet. If we disable View|Printing bounds then it will be visible again, the same as it is now. I hope I am right about it.

This is a standard and common practice of Mathcad users, although there is a bit different regarding pagination when printing. They put some calculation on the right having the printing border visible knowing that the pages with the calculation to the right will not be printed - although there is a way to be, if needed. I suppose that SMath have the printing possibility to print only the area bounded with the printing bounds - pages from top to bottom. Everything outside the printing area (outside the right printing bond) could not be printed - unless printed as Selection. I hope I am right about this as well.

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 21 February 2012 12:10:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2012 02:21:41(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

omorr wrote:
By the way, could you tell us what about the grey (nonprinting) area in few more details. I suppose that when View|Printing bounds is active, then the part of the worksheet outside the printing area will just become gray and non visible in the worksheet. If we disable View|Printing bounds then it will be visible again, the same as it is now. I hope I am right about it.

Gray area at right of the pages is non-printable area. But it still can be used for creating any content there f.e. for some comments or "hidden" calculations. Its up to the user.

omorr wrote:
I suppose that SMath have the printing possibility to print only the area bounded with the printing bounds - pages from top to bottom. Everything outside the printing area (outside the right printing bond) could not be printed - unless printed as Selection. I hope I am right about this as well.

You are absolutely right!

Regards.
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2012 11:52:18(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Understood, Thank you Good

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Davide Carpi  
#5 Posted : 22 February 2012 12:53:59(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
smath wrote:
Improvements done to simplify printing of the worksheets! See the screenshots below:...

thank you very much, it's a great improvement Clap

P.S. my "thank" button doesn't work Sad
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline TheWizEd  
#6 Posted : 22 February 2012 18:01:23(UTC)
TheWizEd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Andrey,

A problem with printing I had encountered on previous versions of SMath is if a region is bigger than a page, Print and Print Preview would lock up. Maybe a long function or matrix. Just a head up. Otherwise this is one of the features I was hoping for to pretty up my calculations. Good job. Clap
Ed
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#7 Posted : 22 February 2012 18:54:44(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

TheWizEd wrote:
A problem with printing I had encountered on previous versions of SMath is if a region is bigger than a page, Print and Print Preview would lock up. Maybe a long function or matrix.

Yep, this error was one of the reasons of printing reimplementation. Now you can print any kind of regions of any size.

Best regards.
thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 22/02/2012(UTC),  on 24/02/2012(UTC)