Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline qpwoeipt  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2009 05:45:24(UTC)
qpwoeipt

Groups: Registered

Hi,

First off all congratulations for the program, I was exactly looking for a kind of Mathcad for pocketpc and finally found it Clapping

Still haven't used many time trying all functionality, but found some problems with interface.
I'm trying your program on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 with 800x480 pixel resolution screen, and no compatibility problems found. But when I change screen orientation some of the tool panels stays out off the screen visibility. In this moment I can't even reach some of then that gone to out of screen completely.

I would suggest that tool panels memorized a position for landscape and portrait screen orientations Good

Other issue about tool panels is the rendering of the buttons while moving a panel ... not really very good... I guess not very important also, but is fact at on my device.

Other thing unexpected, X1 has a querty keyboard, but this keyboard, numbers and symbols are alternatively typed via Fn key. The problem is while you program is running, some how the Fn key goes on always and can't type letters on the keys with numbers or symbols, strange... I guess its a bug...

Other thing, on my screen the characters looks quite thin and it would be great if we had also an option on interface settings to change font to bold (keeping same size). It would improve readability on high resolution screens.

That's what I found for now. Excellent work. Biggrinerisive:

Edited by user 10 May 2009 05:50:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2009 06:20:12(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.
All that you said about tool panels - known issues. I think that my idea to make those panels was wrong and now I working to create a new, more convinient, button panel. This will be released with the next SMath Studio (or, at least, I hope so).
About thin symbols: I know this too and I've already made some work in 0.80 to improve it. But this option is turned off, because it has some bugs now a days.
And the last thing: Fn button. I will try to check it when I'll find some device with the same keyboard.
Thanks for your post.