Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2009 06:20:27(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
New SMath Studio 0.80 Stable available

Absolutely free mathematical program with "paper"-like interface and numerous computing features (now with integrated mathematical reference book).

SMath Studio Handheld on the Smartphone

Quote:
Controls:

With consecutive pushing of this button you can choose: "1", delimiter of the number ",", "square root - sqrt", "n-th root - nthroot", "integral - int", "function to find roots of equations - solve". To lock any variant just stop pushing this button 1 second.
-
With consecutive pushing of this button you can choose: "number related to the button", "symbols related to this button". To lock any variant just stop pushing this button 1 second.

With consecutive pushing of this button you can choose: "plus operator", "minus operator", "multiplication operator", "division operator", "exponentiation operator", "plus/minus operator", "factorial", "vector multiplication operator". Also with this pushed button you can highlight the part of equation by using Left/Right buttons.

By "clicking" on this button program will numerically calculate equation (this means "="); by pushing button more than 0,4 sec. program will symbolically calculate equation (this means "->"). Also, if the cursor located on the right of the not defined variable or not defined function this button will create a definition operator (this means ":=" ).

Removing last character (Backspace). In the mathematical reference book this button means "Back".

SMath Studio Handheld on the Communicator (PPC)

SMath Studio Desktop on the Desktop (Windows)

SMath Studio Desktop on the Desktop (Linux)

Last changes

• Added high-quality Print functionality. Page Setup and Print Preview Dialogs added;
  • Added ability to save MathCad files (in .xmcd file-format);
  • Added ability to see edit-status of document on the main Title (char * after page name in Title means, that document was modified);
  • Added ability to copy page control(s) by moving it (they) with Ctrl key pressed;
  • SM files improved: added support of Png format. Png image files format placed as a default image format for .sm files for saving;
  • Infinity now can be inserted by Ctrl+Shift+Z shortcut;
  • New Interface language added: Turkish (TUR);
  • New Interface language added: Simplified Chinese (CHS);
  • New Interface language added: Traditional Chinese (CHT);
  • Fixed error with fist time loading language file. Now default language is ENG (instead of BUL in some OS' localizations);
  • Tooltips for math Controls with definitions added;
  • Gamma function calculation implemented;
  • Restored ability to work with Infinity;
  • 0^0=0 error fixed in symbolic library;
  • Now, before numeric integral calculating, integrand will be simplified;
  • Export to HTML menu-item removed. But added new file type item (HTML files) in Save File Dialog;
  • Fixed issue with Picture Control: after opening the page with Picture, this control doesn't paint marks for resizing;
  • Instant Log() function implemented in Symbolic library;
  • Instant Invert() function implemented to Symbolic library;
  • Fixed issue with Calculate >> Invert and Calculate >> Determinant when equation in interest includes variables;
  • Logarithms with 0 number now calls an exceptions;
  • Desktop: Mathbar show/hide record added to settings file;
  • Handheld: First symbol input (math & text) fixed for smartphones;
  • Undo/Redo functionality improved;
  • Fixed errors with controls sorting;
  • Improved edit-status changing; now it depends on changes history;
  • Fixed error with AreaControl on Undo/Redo; Fixed error with Undo/Redo functionality after inserting AreaControl;
  • On Paste, all created elements now become selected;
  • Fixed multiple errors when opening MathCad documents (Fixed errors with Mat and Nthroot variables, if defined in source .xmcd file; "resultFormat" tag added to support-list; Fixed error with floating point symbol when parsing imaginary part of a number; Fixed error with opening .xmcd files, that contains Empty Operator; Text string parsing improved. Now SMath Studio displays all text of .xmcd documents, but without formatting). Import of the xmcd improved. Gamma function import implemented;
  • Improved dynamic cursor changing;
  • Fixed critical error with changing elements focuses by using TAB (DOWN) and Shift+TAB (UP) keys;
  • Added ability to change Red cursor position by Enter key pressing when Picture, Area or Text Elements focused;
  • To add a new line to the Text element, Shift+Enter or Ctrl+Enter should be pressed now;
  • Handheld: On Smartphone, to add a new line to the Text Element on the page when it is Focused, OK button should be pressed only with '*' button is pressed too;
  • Fixed issue with Red Cross Cursor drawing when using Ctrl key for selecting Elements on the page;
  • Fixed errors with numeric methods;
  • Symbolic library calculation errors fixed, also fixed an error on differentiation;
  • Fixed error: on Paste, changes don't log into Undo/Redo history;
  • Desktop: Several new icons added to the main menu;
  • Fixed calculation error: small imaginary part of a number appears sometime on power calculating;
  • Fixed error with "mat" variable decisions in Symbolic library;
  • About Dialog updated: Translators info added to the dialog;
  • Desktop: Toolbar Tooltips updated;
  • Fixed critical error when trying to Save if no Page exists;
  • Added exception handlers for the Input/Output exceptions when working with Save file functionality;
  • New action added: Insert Separator - it puts a horizontal line to the page (earlier it was called Area). Real Area Control adding not implemented yet;
  • Open/save of the simple (!) Area control implemented for MathCad files;
  • Desktop: GUI improved: Selected controls now filled by Selection color in addition to rectangle drawing;
  • Desktop: Fixed error with cursor blinking when SMath Studio executed into the guest OS under Virtual Machine;
  • Fixed issues with error handling on plotting into the Plot Control;
  • Fixed error of the Symbolic library when working with Infinity;
  • Beta version of Enhanced Graphics implemented (can be manually turned on in config file: line 'EnhancedGraphics=True'Wink. This feature provides antialiasing for all elements of Math Controls;
  • Fixed errors with non-inserting brackets in math-equation in some cases on editing;
  • Increased accuracy of graphs drawing;
  • Solve function speed increased;
  • Restored functionality of the buttons 'File' >> 'Close Page' and 'Pages' >> 'Close Page';
  • Many of code optimizations.

System requirements

• Handheld:
    Framework: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 cab (5,33МБ), zip (1,99МБ)
    Compatibility: Pocket PC 2002, WM 2003, WM 2003 SE, WM 5, WM 6, WM 6.1, full VGA support, all PPC's, Comunicators and smartphones.
  • Desktop (Windows):
    Framework: .NET Framework 2.0
  • Desktop (Linux):
    Framework: Mono 2.0 (libmono-winforms-2.0-cil package) or higher

Interface languages

Desktop и Handheld (21 languages):
  • [ENG] English / English
  • [GER] German / Deutsch
  • [DUT] Dutch / Nederlands
  • [SPA] Spanish / Español
  • [FRE] French / Français
  • [POR] Portuguese / Português
  • [CPP] Portuguese (Brazil) / Brazil (Português)
  • [SCR] Croatian / Hrvatski
  • [SCC] Serbian / Srpski
  • [GRE] Greek / Ελληνικά
  • [TUR] Turkish / Türkçe
  • [CHS] Chinese (Simplified) / 简体中文
  • [CHT] Chinese (Traditional) / 簡體中文
  • [CZE] Czech / Čeština
  • [HUN] Hungarian / Magyar
  • [ITA] Italian / Italiano
  • [POL] Polish / Polski
  • [RUS] Russian / Русский
  • [BUL] Bulgarian / Български
  • [LTH] Lithuanian / Lietuvių
  • [UKR] Ukrain / Українська

Free Download

* For installation of the program from PPC it is necessary to transfer a file on Your handheld computer (for example, with MS ActiveSync) and start it there with Your file manager.
    ** For installation of the program from PC it is necessary to install MS ActiveSync first.

Edited by user 28 May 2009 05:01:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

• Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #2 Posted : 03 May 2009 21:51:35(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
    Man
    Russian Federation

Portable version of SMath Studio added.
    Quote:
    SMathStudioDesktop.0_80.Portable.exe (Date: 01.05.2009. File size: 16,19MB) - .Net Framework 2.0 doesn't required
    Offline jakobg  
    #3 Posted : 08 May 2009 02:36:02(UTC)
    jakobg

Groups: Registered
    Man

Congratulations for release 0.8! Maybe it is possible to describe the solved bugs (especially those which produced calculation errors) more in detail (I mean what was the error, and why), just to increase reliance because this may be a little problem (unfortunatelly!).
    But although, really nice work and keep going!!
    Jakob
    Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #4 Posted : 08 May 2009 05:03:02(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Man
    Russian Federation

No problems, here is something that I remember:
    Offline ElSid  
    #5 Posted : 08 May 2009 12:46:10(UTC)
    ElSid

Man
    United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
    Thank you for the new release. Very interested in the Portable Version!
    I have a few questions:
    * Were units added?
    * I love the fact that you made SMATH compatible with MathCAD (I use at work) Problem is that .xmcd file-format not as well supported. Even on the MathCad collab, they request you post to .mcd file for greater audience. Personally, at work, I have set up to software to save to "MathCAD Compressed XML Document .xmcdz" In short, support for these two file formats would be appreciated
    * Did you add literal subscripts? MathCad would be the period key?
    Insignificant bugs in portable version.
    * In the about, your date is 12/31/1999 with application components also showing 1999
    * settings.INF file generated shows SMATH version .78

Thank you for the great software

Edited by user 08 May 2009 13:12:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #6 Posted : 08 May 2009 15:43:09(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Man
    Russian Federation

Hello, ElSid.

1) Units not implemented yet;
    2) XMCD supported just partially, it can't be fully parsed, because MathCad and SMath Studio has too much differences. But I allways work to increase compatibility. Regarding to .xmcdz: I'll check it;
    3) No subscript yet. Will work on it later;
    4) 1999: this is known bug. I just had no time to debug it. Next version, I hope, will be with right time represented;
    5) Yes, I forgot to change it Good

Thank you.
    Offline wishnu  
    #7 Posted : 14 May 2009 22:25:59(UTC)
    wishnu

Hi,

Would you develop SMath for Smartphone 2003, pls...
    I can't install .Net Framework 2.0 on Smartphone 2003 (SP 2003 only support .Net framework 1.0).

Thank you.
    Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #8 Posted : 14 May 2009 23:27:00(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Man
    Russian Federation

Hello.
    wishnu wrote:
    Would you develop SMath for Smartphone 2003, pls...

Sorry, but unfortunately this is impossible. Smartphones on Windows Mobile 2003 will never be supported.
    Offline ZioZione  
    #9 Posted : 16 June 2009 19:43:40(UTC)
    ZioZione

Hello,
    this is my first post. Don't expect a lot more Wink
    I am a winPenPack Team member. We deal with portable software, and I already signaled your program in our forum. Today I found the (good) news about a Portable version, so I tested it with Regshot for verify its portatility...
    Unfortunately, it is still far from a real portability (the non-portable version modifies the PC configuration much less...). I think that the problem is Xenocode itself, that creates following (empty) registry keys

Code:
    [HKCU\Software\Xenocode\XSandboxCache]
    [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-698813702-420252843-2910830495-1131\Software\Xenocode\XSandboxCache\SMathStudioDesktop.0_80.Portable.exe_v2311260F]

and creates also this folder (with all subfolders)

Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\ZioZione\Local Settings\Application Data\Xenocode\XSandbox\SMath Studio Desktop\

Did it is possibile to delete both registry keys and folder(s) on program exit? I think that these objects must exist only during program execution and can be deleted after...
    Best Regards
    ZioZione
    Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #10 Posted : 16 June 2009 23:25:53(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Man
    Russian Federation

ZioZione wrote:
    Did it is possibile to delete both registry keys and folder(s) on program exit? I think that these objects must exist only during program execution and can be deleted after...

Thank you for the detailed information. You are right, described is Xenocode's features.
    Later today or tomorrow I will try to find out a way to exclude these system changes.

Edited by user 16 June 2009 23:28:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #11 Posted : 17 June 2009 04:39:52(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Man
    Russian Federation

ZioZione, unfortunately, changing of the XSandbox location - all that I can do.
    Offline ZioZione  
    #12 Posted : 17 June 2009 14:23:45(UTC)
    ZioZione

Hello,
    first of all, thank you very much for your attention!
    I tried your new release but it behaves as previous one:

Registry keys added:
    Code:
    [HKCU\Software\Xenocode\XSandboxCache]                                                    
    [HKCU\Software\Xenocode\XSandboxCache\SMathStudioDesktop.0_80.Portable_001.exe_v2311260F] 

Folder added (with all related subfolders)
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\ZioZione\Local Settings\Application Data\Xenocode\XSandbox

I searched by myself some informations and I found an interesting link (I think is what you was talking about) here (see section related with USB device).
    As you can see, it should be enough (if possible) to substitute "@APPDATALOCAL@" with "@APPDIR@" in the path you depicted above, allowing Xenocode to save everything into program folder. I don't know, indeed, how to avoid the creation of the registry keys: Xenocode should allow to use a virtual registry, but I don't know (at this moment - I never used it before, but I will search some hint - ) how to manage Xenocode own registry keys.
    Hope this helps.
    Best Regards
    ZioZione
    Offline skyxda  
    #13 Posted : 03 July 2009 14:18:13(UTC)
    skyxda

Congragtulations and thank you for A great and wonderful work sir!

Keep up the good work.. and thankyou for giving the software for free..
    Your software helps me in some of my simple mathematics computation..

Best regards
    robert