Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#1 Posted : 15 June 2013 21:58:16(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Here the topic for the GPC Wrapper plugin (original name: GPC Plugin // Original topic: Плагин для операций с многоугольниками)

GPC is the General Polygon Clipper library developed by The University of Manchester (GPC site: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~toby/gpc/)

Plugin UI languages: English Русский

PLEASE REPORT IN THIS TOPIC ANY ISSUE.

Best regards,

w3b5urf3r

• requirements: SMath Studio from 0.96.4875 to 0.96.4884 or latest Nigthly build, .Net Framework 2.0;
  • installation:
    - SMath Studio Stable: unzip and copy the GPC Wrapper.7z content inside the SMath plugins folder (f.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\SMath\SMath Studio\plugins);
    - SMath Studio Nigthly Build: download the plugin from the gallery;
  • sources: if you want to see the plugin sources look in the SVN repository.
  • languages: multilanguage UI is a work in progress.

UPDATES:

Edited by user 15 June 2013 22:03:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
GPC Wrapper.7z (64kb) downloaded 137 time(s).
GPC Test.7z (4kb) downloaded 104 time(s).
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 5 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 15/06/2013(UTC),  on 15/06/2013(UTC),  on 15/06/2013(UTC),  on 02/09/2014(UTC),  on 22/03/2020(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2013 15:34:31(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
I had installed a earlier GPC wrapper version with extended functions. Updating via extension manager created a crash. When I removed the old plugin directory, installation was flawless. However, I saw, that the extended functions were gone (and so were the error messages on startup due to missing
translations).

Could there be a stability problem with updating plugins, when the old version has functions that are not present in the new one? I could imagine that updating on the fly could lead to names pointing to nowhere and might cause a crash.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Davide Carpi  
#3 Posted : 10 August 2013 18:37:15(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
I had installed a earlier GPC wrapper version with extended functions. Updating via extension manager created a crash. When I removed the old plugin directory, installation was flawless. However, I saw, that the extended functions were gone (and so were the error messages on startup due to missing
translations).

Could there be a stability problem with updating plugins, when the old version has functions that are not present in the new one? I could imagine that updating on the fly could lead to names pointing to nowhere and might cause a crash.
I don't understand... Have you updated an old GPC plugin with the latest on the gallery? Or do you have made some changes in the %APPDATA% folder using the Dropbox beta?
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline mkraska  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2013 02:04:38(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand... Have you updated an old GPC plugin with the latest on the gallery? Or do you have made some changes in the %APPDATA% folder using the Dropbox beta?

I cannot reproduce the situation completely.

I had the dropbox version installed by manually exchanging the dll in the appdata plugin folder, which was created via extension manager.
The extension manager version was older than the current one, because yesterday the extension manager offered update (may have been there for quite a while,
This is based on the assumption, that the extension manager just compares the version numbers in the config files or subdir names in order to find out update candidates. Thus the extension manager would not be aware of alien dlls in the subdirs.

I just checked yesterday the online gallery). Also, the dropbox version was not the current one, because it caused error messages related to string translations.

When performing that offered update, the crash occured. After removing the complete directory and re-installing from extension manager, the error messages were gone as were the extended GPC functions.

I now revisited the dropbox files and again exchanged the dll manually. Now the extended functions are available including german translations (no more error messages).

I expect the crash to happen again, as soon the extension manager finds a new version and tries to update, except if the update contains all extended functions. In order to verify, you cound provide a dummy update. We would just check that updates can safely remove functions from plugins. This, however might be a very rare situation and not be worth the debugging effort.

Edited by user 11 August 2013 02:06:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 11/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2013 11:12:32(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Now I understand Good

The Extensions Manager is a feature "in progress", so something may be not implemented well (f.e. like in this case, external interferences Happy )

Actually the way to avoid these issues is to delete the plugin folder from the %appdata% folder and then to use the SMath "plugin" folder to make the test; in this case the official plugin is not shown in the gallery, and SMath doesn't crashes Good

Davide

Edited by user 11 August 2013 11:14:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 11/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#6 Posted : 11 August 2013 13:08:49(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Hi Ioan,

Originally Posted by: ioan92 Go to Quoted Post
Do you means that this two plugin places are equal effect alternatives ?

C:\Program Files\SMath\SMath Studio\plugins
C:\Users\Ioan\AppData\Roaming\SMath\extensions\plugins

There are several differences, f.e. the 2nd is the "master" and the 1st is the "slave" when there are 2 plugins with the same guid... I use the first for development of plugins, the second for the regular use.

In my mind, the second position is a regular Windows treatment, even I prefer the user control from the first alternative.

I agree with you Good

Are they - the plugins - hidden also in a third place ? I feel - yes !?

I think not Huh
on 11/08/2013(UTC)
Offline PompelmoTell  
#7 Posted : 28 October 2019 19:14:05(UTC)
PompelmoTell

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 93 post(s)
The plugin GPC Wrapper seems it does not work with build 7219
(Could not find the "Void" method)

SMathStudio_Desktop_F1syy9oOns.png

sergio
Offline Davide Carpi  
#8 Posted : 29 October 2019 19:26:41(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Thank you Sergio, I will look at it as soon as I can.
on 29/10/2019(UTC)
Offline Jean Giraud  
#9 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:10:38(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
What about closing the polygon ?

Polygon.PNG
Offline PompelmoTell  
#10 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:37:29(UTC)
PompelmoTell

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Jean,
the plugin provided for the double chance (as can be seen in the upper left of my screenshot) but at the moment with the updated smath version (7219), does not work.

sergio
Offline Davide Carpi  
#11 Posted : 16 November 2019 19:41:18(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: PompelmoTell Go to Quoted Post
The plugin GPC Wrapper seems it does not work with build 7219

Fixed for latest available Nightly Build (0.99.7250)
thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 16/11/2019(UTC),  on 17/11/2019(UTC)