Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2019 23:00:49(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
SMath Studio - SMath
Created by SMath LLC in the scope of SMath project. Published by smath.

SMath Studio

SMath Studio box

Tiny, but powerful mathematical program with WYSIWYG editor and complete units of measurements support.

It provides numerous computing features and rich user interface translated into about 40 different languages. Application also contains integrated mathematical reference book.

Free for personal usage! Plans for Organizations are available!

Application can be easily extended based on your needs. Built-in Extensions Manager tool allows to get access to hundreds official and third-party resources of the following types: usage examples, plug-ins, SMath Viewer based applications, snippets, interface translations, interactive books, handbooks and tutorials.

Probably the best free math program out there. As an electrical engineer, you can do so many calculations, e.g for designig drive systems and calculate protection settings, can be almost entirely automated using SMath Studio. With the huge amount of plugins you can push SMath in an high level. Thanks a lot! more...

by Karsten

Amazing very useful app!! Highly recommended!! Two thumbs up! :) more...

by Maxx

Amazing, well-done, useful tool. A small donation was sent your way. This small comment of praise is a follow-up. more...

by Jason H

thanks 7 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 14/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 19/02/2019(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline genf  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2019 09:29:02(UTC)
genf

Groups: Registered
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Спасибо. Теперь функции работают значительно быстрее.

Вернулась старая проблема с настройками страницы - не сохраняются настройки при нажатии на кнопку "Использовать по-умолчанию".
Вернее они для файла сохраняются, но показывает, что не сохранились.
А вот глобально не сохраняются.
Небольшое кино
Offline fedeghi  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2019 12:48:04(UTC)
fedeghi

Italy

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Andrey,

since I'm using SMath mainly for office work, I'm always struggling between the temptation of "instant updating" to the latest (even if beta) build in order to have all the new cool features, and the conservative approach to wait for the official stable release and stay safe with my library of .sm files.
Up to now, I have been able to resist and stay on the safe path, but the "dark side is calling" Biggrin

Recently a lot of nightly builds have been issued, so I'm wondering if you are planning to upload in a short time a stable release to consolidate all the updates that have been placed here and there in the betas?
Or do you think that a stable release will not follow shortly?

In other words, in case a stable release is not planned in the upcoming weeks, I might think to update on a backup machine and test the existing files there.
Infact, there are some features which I'd like to use (i.e. upgraded syntax highlighting, etc..)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 15 February 2019 12:53:08(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
You can always download the Mono.tar.gz package and go for a portable test version Spiteful
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 15/02/2019(UTC)
Offline genf  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2019 15:10:40(UTC)
genf

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: Davide Carpi Go to Quoted Post
You can always download the Mono.tar.gz package and go for a portable test version Spiteful

Да, это действительно удобно. Портативную версию уже использую лет 5
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#6 Posted : 15 February 2019 20:13:20(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: genf Go to Quoted Post
Вернулась старая проблема с настройками страницы - не сохраняются настройки при нажатии на кнопку "Использовать по-умолчанию".

Так а сохранение размера бумаги я и не делал Good Сохраняется только ориентация страниц, колонтитулы и т.п. С размером были какие-то проблемы. Как-нибудь посмотрю туда ещё раз...
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#7 Posted : 15 February 2019 20:29:16(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Hello.

Originally Posted by: fedeghi Go to Quoted Post
Recently a lot of nightly builds have been issued, so I'm wondering if you are planning to upload in a short time a stable release to consolidate all the updates that have been placed here and there in the betas?
Or do you think that a stable release will not follow shortly?

The reason of why we have so many beta versions since latest available stable is that there are several major changes were done to the logic of saving/opening files and rendering Worksheets.
These changes must be tested well before going to the wild world Good
As for today I see no any new significant errors reported + all automated tests I have are also passed ok, so I'm thinking about latest nightly builds as about release candidates. These versions seems stable enough to use them.
Regarding next stable release - I plan to publish it on 1-st March. The main reason of it is that I need to test/prepare Cloud version as well as iOS/Android/UWP versions to make one-shot-release. There are plenty of work to perform...

Best regards.
thanks 3 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC),  on 15/02/2019(UTC)
Offline fedeghi  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2019 00:25:24(UTC)
fedeghi

Italy

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks for the info! Biggrin
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#9 Posted : 18 February 2019 21:06:04(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: genf Go to Quoted Post
А вот глобально не сохраняются.

Реализовано тут: https://en.smath.com/for...8--18-February-2019.aspx
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 25/02/2019(UTC)
Offline genf  
#10 Posted : 25 February 2019 21:29:20(UTC)
genf

Man
Russian Federation

Бывает в версии 6984 при открытии файла происходит очень долгий расчет ... приходится прерывать и обновлять - при обновлении все быстро считается.
См. кино
Как правило такие долгие расчеты происходят при первом открытии файла, но не всегда.

Это исправлено в 6988?