Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2019 00:51:09(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
SMath Studio - SMath
Created by SMath LLC in the scope of SMath project. Published by smath.

SMath Studio

SMath Studio box

Tiny, but powerful mathematical program with WYSIWYG editor and complete units of measurements support.

It provides numerous computing features and rich user interface translated into about 40 different languages. Application also contains integrated mathematical reference book.

Free for personal usage! Plans for Organizations are available!

Application can be easily extended based on your needs. Built-in Extensions Manager tool allows to get access to hundreds official and third-party resources of the following types: usage examples, plug-ins, SMath Viewer based applications, snippets, interface translations, interactive books, handbooks and tutorials.

Andrey has given us back the joy of Math that we experimented with Mathcad some thirty years ago, until PTC messed it all up. A fantastic achievement! And free! I am beginning to use it intensively to help my engineering students. more...

by Manuel Vargas

As a Civil Engineering professor, I've realized to be hard to find a software suitable for both introductory and advanced subjects. SMath is the only free software I know to get the job done. Try it out. more...

by João Felipe Melo

I have used MathCAD since 1997. Loved it. I used to work for the Nuclear Industry in Canada, and we had these long calculation sheets fully written in MathCAD. As an independent researcher, I also had a student version which I could simply purchase from a campus bookstore as a CD. A few years later, disaster struck! A greedy corporate entity purchased MathCAD and destroyed it. A tool created for engineers by engineers with engineering in mind was destroyed by MBAs with only money in their minds. I was helpless until I discovered SMath. I was amazed at how SMath could do so many things with the installation file being just a few MB! And Andrey simply gave it away to us for free!! SMath has truly filled the void left by the now-extinct "old MathCAD". The fact that SMath is not bloatware and gives us researchers exactly what we need are reasons enough to call Andrey a genius. My dear Andrey, many of us are out there in various parts of the world quietly blessing you for helping us do our research calculations. You are a noble soul with a spirit that cares for a better world. Trust me, you have in your own way made our world a better place to live through SMath. God bless you. I shall surely donate an amount as a symbolic gesture for your great work. Please continue to serve the world and may God bless you with good health, a long life, peace, prosperity, and a sound mind that scientifically contributes for as long as you live and pave the way for your glorious legacy long after we are all gone. more...

by Dr. M Sathya Prasad

Please note:
  1. There are some known bugs with Worksheet scrolling - will be addressed soon.
thanks 5 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 15/01/2019(UTC),  on 15/01/2019(UTC),  on 15/01/2019(UTC),  on 15/01/2019(UTC),  on 15/01/2019(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline PompelmoTell  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2019 13:47:59(UTC)
PompelmoTell

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 93 post(s)
after updating to SMath Studio 0.99.6953/4, I point out that the images pasted in the documents have lost the scaling attributes.

sergio
Offline Davide Carpi  
#3 Posted : 15 January 2019 13:49:08(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PompelmoTell Go to Quoted Post
after updating to SMath Studio 0.99.6953/4, I point out that the images pasted in the documents have lost the scaling attributes.

sergio

Confirmed; I see there is a fix ready for the next release.
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Eduardo  
#4 Posted : 15 January 2019 19:26:51(UTC)
Eduardo

Groups: Registered
Bolivia

sergio

I have the same issues as Sergio. Furthermore, pageup and pagedown keys don't work. Please fix this issue since almost all my worksheets have images on them and I cannot visualize them properly.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#5 Posted : 15 January 2019 20:19:38(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.

Originally Posted by: Eduardo Go to Quoted Post

sergio

I have the same issues as Sergio. Furthermore, pageup and pagedown keys don't work. Please fix this issue since almost all my worksheets have images on them and I cannot visualize them properly.

As Davide said issue with images is already fixed and I will release new nightly build in about 4 hours.
Regarding scrolling of the Worksheet using keyboard - this is known set of issues which I'm working on currently. Cannot provide estimations for now but will do my best to restore this functionality as soon as possible (changes are really huge and important).

Update: Page Up, Page Down, Home and End commands are also restored and will be available in upcoming nightly build.

Best regards.

Edited by user 15 January 2019 20:31:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 15/01/2019(UTC),  on 15/01/2019(UTC)