Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tslewis  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2011 05:48:36(UTC)
tslewis

Groups: Registered

Hello

I have just found Smath after being a long time MathCAD user. I am an actuive programmer - its a hobby of mine. I have started to tap in to various API's using VB.NET. Is there any documentaiton as to how to link with Smath using Smath Plug Ins?

Many thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2011 10:42:48(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

Anyone who is willing to make plugins is very welcome Good

I am not a programmer but would like very much SMath to have as many plugins as possible.
I will try to explain the present situation as I see it regarding plugins - following the situation here on the Forum.
- The two SMath versions that are actual at the moment are v0.89 and 0.89.9. There seems to be some slight differences in making plugins for them. The principal SMath author, Andrey Ivashov, introduced some changes.
- Due to some circumstances, few months ago Andrey had to make a break in working on SMath. He will be back soon continuing on SMath development. Therefore, I think that the official complete documentation about making plugins is not finished yet. Although, there are some comments and tutorials on Wiki Plugins made by SMath users.
- In spite of this, there are some users who already made some very good plugins - you can browse the Forum and find some test versions of those plugins. You can contact the authors if you like as well.

Therefore, you can try to play with it and wait until the situation regarding plugins will be more clarified.

I hope I am right about all of this.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline tslewis  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2011 05:39:59(UTC)
tslewis

Groups: Registered

omorr wrote:
Hello,

Anyone who is willing to make plugins is very welcome Good

I am not a programmer but would like very much SMath to have as many plugins as possible.
I will try to explain the present situation as I see it regarding plugins - following the situation here on the Forum.
- The two SMath versions that are actual at the moment are v0.89 and 0.89.9. There seems to be some slight differences in making plugins for them. The principal SMath author, Andrey Ivashov, introduced some changes.
- Due to some circumstances, few months ago Andrey had to make a break in working on SMath. He will be back soon continuing on SMath development. Therefore, I think that the official complete documentation about making plugins is not finished yet. Although, there are some comments and tutorials on Wiki Plugins made by SMath users.
- In spite of this, there are some users who already made some very good plugins - you can browse the Forum and find some test versions of those plugins. You can contact the authors if you like as well.

Therefore, you can try to play with it and wait until the situation regarding plugins will be more clarified.

I hope I am right about all of this.

Regards,
Radovan

Thanks Radovan. The documentation is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

However, why do we still have to target .NET 2.0!!!!

cheers