Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#1 Posted : 25 August 2016 02:15:06(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
SMath Studio 0.98.6080 available

Latest changes (against SMath Studio 0.98.6077)

• [SS-2311]: Fixed issue with overridden by Maxima plug-in functions - built-in plug-in has more priority now;
  • Performance of Worksheet opening significantly improved.
  • Lost parenthesis fixed in MathRegion Tooltips;
  • SS-2344: Fixed critical issue on Regions paste for Mono;
  • [SS-28]: Required brackets provided to 2-arguments booleans, to range(..), sum(1) and diff(1) functions if object of some operators;
  • [SS-24]: Units enabled for arg(...) function in numeric engine;
  • Viewer: Keeps decimal places, exponential threshold, trailing zeros specified for the Region;
  • Viewer: Big/small numbers are displayed in E notation now;
  • Viewer: Output infinity is now supported (previously output was empty);
  • Viewer: Imaginary results are now displayed (previously output was "not a real number");
  • Implemented ability to select Regions using Shift + Left Mouse click when cursor is set on the Worksheet (no Regions focused);
  • Back-compatibility improved for if/sum/product functions;
  • Graphs back-compatibility improved;
  • Interface translation files updated;
  • Numeric engine refactoring.

Download

thanks 6 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 25/08/2016(UTC),  on 25/08/2016(UTC),  on 25/08/2016(UTC),  on 25/08/2016(UTC),  on 25/08/2016(UTC),  on 25/08/2016(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline CBG  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2016 07:02:58(UTC)
CBG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 58 post(s)
The same problem as I reported earlier.
The Maple plugin does not start when the Smath Studio program is changed into Spanish.

Best Regards

Carlos

Mapler_dont_start.png
Offline Antech  
#3 Posted : 25 August 2016 10:45:55(UTC)
Antech

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Andrey, I tested the Linux and Win versions. Copy-paste bug is disappeared (thanks) but there are some issues. First, in Linux version F9 doesn't work for recalculate (I always disable auto calculation, it's inconvenient for big files). It works on simple example like a:1 a= <F9>, but it doesn't work on more complex file with areas. The program says something like "Processed for 0.05s" (instead of required 3s) and results doesn't change. I press Recalc button in a toolbar and it works as expected.
I also tried to update a Win version but it didn't work (Win7 Pro x64). Installer was very slow (for example, on Preparing for install), program start also took enormous time like 30s and then I opened my file and pressed F9 and it never finished the calculation that Version 0.97 did in 3s... I removed this version (0.98) and reinstalled 0.97. Installer was also very slow (really, sorry, but I hate these useless installers that only add excessive complications and give nothing) but the program works good now! I didn't repeat experiment with 0.98 because I must do my work, possibly, I will later try to reinstall 0.98 for Win. Linux version (oh, yes, it's just an archive) works as fast as usual (I opened the same file).

Two words about donation. I clicked Donate in corresponding thread but it initiates donation in $ and transaction fails in Russia. I tried Qiwi option in program menu (Linux version) but there is a font bug, font is too large and doesnt fit in list rows, I can't see the numbers Good. On Windows machine there is no internet connection...

Edited by user 25 August 2016 10:57:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 25 August 2016 22:53:50(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Antech Go to Quoted Post
but there are some issues.

Please check new build: http://en.smath.info/for...081--25-August-2016.aspx - I've tried to address issues you mentioned.

Best regards.
Offline Antech  
#5 Posted : 26 August 2016 09:53:16(UTC)
Antech

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello. Thanks for your efforts. I tested Linux and Windows versions (6081). Both bugs are in place. Windows version slows down on install, launch, file opening and calculation (36 sec instead of ~3 sec). Next file opening and recalculation is fast until you restart SMath (and it will again take too much time to start, open and recalculate). I returned to 0.97. Possibly it is a machine specific issues but I don't know hot to identify the reason. To be honest, I prefere native programming (although I don't code intensively now and I'm not a professional) because, based on my user experience, there are persistant problems with "framework-based" applications. My old (relatively simple) programs from around 2002 ran without serious issues on a tablet with Win8! For Win/Linux there is a nice Qt lib.

Linux version doesn't recalculate with F9 but is OK with toolbar button. I think you just need to run the same command with F9 that you run with the toolbar Recalc button. How can I attach a simple test file with this bug?

And also, there is one political thing that, IMHO, is not good. Packed Win versions are gone and forbidden by license. Installer Win versions delete the previous version so I need to reinstall it every time I test the new verion. Now reinstalling 0.97 Good

Edited by user 26 August 2016 09:55:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Davide Carpi  
#6 Posted : 26 August 2016 13:10:29(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Hello Antech,

Windows version slows down on install, launch, file opening and calculation

Measured the time and I can confirm that the installer while updating is slower even for me (approx 20s vs 10s of previous versions); while installing after manual uninstall instead is faster than older versions (2s vs 4s). I have no issues on opening/calculation, but it might depends on installed plugins (there were a lot of changes in the APIs since 0.97, most of the plugins must be updated).

You can try the following if you won't execute the installer again:

• download the latest linux version of Smath Studio on your windows machine
  • unpack it somewhere (important: do not create a portable version)
  • launch the command prompt in that folder and run
    Code:
    SmathStudio_Desktop.exe -silent -i

• for any plugin will be listed version and loading time, post it so we might see something

be sure to not have manually installed plugins in "{SS install path}\plugins" - won't be listed in the test above (in this case copy these plugins in the same location of the downloaded linux version before launching the prompt commands)

How can I attach a simple test file with this bug?

Simply click the attach button, click on "upload new files", then follow the instructions in the dialog that appears (first add file, then start upload)
Would be very useful, so we can test if there is a clear bottleneck and not just a machine specific issue.

2016-08-26 12_10_57-Edit post.png

Edited by user 26 August 2016 15:52:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects