Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RFreund  
#21 Posted : 31 March 2015 02:22:13(UTC)
RFreund

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I'll try posting without the graphs. I would say check to make sure you have the latest version, and also have "modeler region" plugin installed. Maybe someone else can confirm the issue.
File Attachment(s):
Offline Alex M.  
#22 Posted : 29 April 2015 18:44:00(UTC)
Alex M.

Canada

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Martin and RFreund,

Are you OK if I were to use BeamFEA in my calculation books (after extensively checking it with SAP2000)?

If so, what wording would you like me to use to give you proper credit for your work? Keep in mind that there is always a slight possibility that in some time in future a calcbook might end up in court so consider the legal aspect of it as well.

Thanks
Offline RFreund  
#23 Posted : 01 May 2015 15:09:01(UTC)
RFreund

United States

Oxel - I don't really deserve any credit, it is Martin's hard work that deserves credit. As for court I think there is a statement which basically says, "I have created this with my best efforts but cannot beheld responsible for errors. Use at your own risk and please check your work". Essentially this is every text book and software program. The same would apply here but I'm not even sure if it is necessary to state that although consider it stated.

In any case I would be very curious to see your implementation and/or how you have modified the program to suite your needs. I will have to post my latest version which allows different E and I material through out its length which is helpful in curtain wall design.

Anyway good luck!
Offline mkraska  
#24 Posted : 02 May 2015 15:25:54(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oxel007 Go to Quoted Post
Martin and RFreund,

Are you OK if I were to use BeamFEA in my calculation books (after extensively checking it with SAP2000)?

If so, what wording would you like me to use to give you proper credit for your work? Keep in mind that there is always a slight possibility that in some time in future a calcbook might end up in court so consider the legal aspect of it as well.

Thanks

All examples uploaded to the extension manager are under the Creative Commons 3 Attribution - NoDerivs license. I guess, that appropriate credit is given by providing a link to the extension, together with a time stamp to indicate the version you have used.

In the given case of BeamFEA, this is found here.

There is sort of disclaimer in the CC license:

UNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Alex M.  
#25 Posted : 05 May 2015 01:45:53(UTC)
Alex M.

Canada

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
I guess, that appropriate credit is given by providing a link to the extension, together with a time stamp to indicate the version you have used.

Will do, Martin, and thank you for a wonderful extension!

RFreund, could you please provide latest iteration of the modified program - I am just starting to use it now and I would rather work on further improving the program than trying to re-invent the wheel.

thank you both!

Offline RFreund  
#26 Posted : 04 December 2015 19:55:37(UTC)
RFreund

United States

Martin,

Do you have any issues with the beam program if you change the core units to Imperial?
I have made some modifications and seem to be getting a few errors... hmm...
Thanks
Offline Alex M.  
#27 Posted : 04 December 2015 22:21:11(UTC)
Alex M.

Canada

Rfreund,

Any chance you can post your latest version of beamFEA?

I would like to tweak it to my needs

Thanks!
Offline Jason McCool  
#28 Posted : 07 June 2019 15:55:26(UTC)
Jason McCool

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I know this is an old thread, but this is a question on BeamFEA, so...
Symantec Anti-virus keeps quarantining the BeamFEA.exe application as a Trojan Horse virus. This is the file downloaded directly through the Extensions Manager/Applications dialog. Is there any chance this file has somehow become infected? I've had issues with antivirus programs removing legitimate programs I was beta testing due to a lack of "reputation" or widespread use before, but this time it specifically says that reputation was not used in the quarantine decision, and it actually re-quarantines it immediately if I try to restore it. Could someone confirm that the BeamFEA.exe file available through the Extensions Manager is clean of any viruses? Thanks!
Jason
2019-06-07_BeamFEAVirus.png
Jason McCool
Robbins Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA
Offline mkraska  
#29 Posted : 07 June 2019 23:20:46(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
The executables in the extension manager are generated on Andrey's server based on the SVN sources. Thus, he is the only one who can really know.

You can, however, download the executable in your browser using the link [url=vhttps://en.smath.com/view/BeamFEA/summary]https://en.smath.com/view/BeamFEA/summary[/url]
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Jean Giraud  
#30 Posted : 07 June 2019 23:46:21(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jason McCool Go to Quoted Post
Could someone confirm that the BeamFEA.exe file available through the Extensions Manager is clean of any viruses? Thanks!

If I save a 160 kB Smath work sheet as *.exe,
it does save as 1.6 MB !!!
Win 7 no AV does not open back,
... like Martin mentioned: personal Andrey.