Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2014 19:04:50(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 08/08/2014(UTC),  on 14/08/2014(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2014 21:59:53(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
I'm glad you've noticed it Good

There are plenty of improvements done to this page last days: page is multilingual (for now it supports ENG and RUS), SEO optimized, supports all popular browsers, it's code is fully standardized (HTML5) and it always shows latest versions of SMath Studio and all extensions (data source is the same as used for Extension Manager). Web-page supports landscape and portrait displays (try to play with browser window width) - useful on some tablets.

One more important change made for urls to all files. No sequenced integer ids used anymore! Instead you can see short (5 chars) random file id. So, previously we had smath.info/?file=999999 and now it is changed to smath.info/file/aBcD5 (or, optionally smath.info/file/aBcD5/fileName.ext). This is important change because it makes brute force strategy for requesting files much harder. Another profit is that urls made a bit shorter, so it is easy to share them by typing or even in memory (similar chars like 0 and O, 1, I and l and others are not used) Crazy

And now we have 3 domains:

All of them are pointing to the same web-page. Primary domain is smath.info.

I'm very glad I have a progress with project's home page. I will continue improve it... any suggestions? Blush

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

Edited by user 14 August 2014 23:52:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 15/08/2014(UTC),  on 15/08/2014(UTC),  on 15/08/2014(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#3 Posted : 15 August 2014 13:46:10(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
I like the clean design of the home page (with as few formatting as possible).

There still is an error in the example images (as reported here), possibly just wrong translation to english (the russian version just says "Moment about x/y" instead of "Moment of intertia" which is in conflict with the units shown).
mkraska attached the following image(s):
moment.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 15 August 2014 22:50:49(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Thank you, Martin! I will fix this example.

Best regards.