Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Clive  
#1 Posted : 16 October 2009 21:13:21(UTC)
Clive

Groups: Registered

Thank you very much for your efforts.

I have been looking for a tool like this for years. I just want to say thanks.

I am a mechanical engineer, I design scientific instruments.
I use MathCAD on my desktop computer but its big too powerful, difficult to use and not portable. My copy is very old as we can't afford the price of a modern copy.

I am 50yrs old and I used to use BASIC and Fortran for simple formula translation programs for thermal and fluid dynamics problems. But with modern programming environments becoming too complex for the occasional user I have lost the facility to write little problem solving routines. I even have ported a copy of Qbasic to allow me to continue.

I have an HTC touch G3 and have been looking for a portable maths tool.

************** AND NOW I HAVE FOUND IT ************* :-)

I do not need the full mathematical complexity which this tool offers, as I will be mostly just solving published equations. But it will be great to open a work sheet done last year and find flow calculations all ready for use.

Ideas.
1. I have seen the wish list page and confirm that units would be a great an welcome addition.
2. You maths guys live and breath mathematical short hand notation, so it would be helpful to us mortals if you could put a few medium examples in your tutorial pages. Usually manuals go A=B+C and the next example is an intergral matrix.

Thanks again Clive

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 16 October 2009 23:34:07(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Clive,

I understand you very well and share your opinion. You are welcome and free to ask here whatever you are interested in about SMath or to share with us some of your examples and files on the WIKI (it is easy to use it - I can do it for you also, if you like).

Best Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Greg Locock  
#3 Posted : 17 October 2009 07:06:28(UTC)
Greg Locock

Groups: Registered

Clive, one problem we have writing tutorials is that we don't know what the hard bits to understand are, so please ask questions, then we can write better articles.