Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kilele  
#21 Posted : 11 June 2013 03:37:39(UTC)
kilele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
after adding the mentioned file (empty, just with the given name), the Linux version forgets about everything in the appdata dir and starts to fill the extension subdir in the same directory as the exe.

lol I thought it was a riddle, I just had to follow you literally! Victory

Edited by user 11 June 2013 03:39:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline omorr  
#22 Posted : 11 June 2013 07:38:48(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smath Go to Quoted Post
Small hint: if you put file with name "portable.version" near SMath Studio exe file - you will have the same behavior for "settings.inf" file as you can see in official Portable package. Hope this will help.

Regards.

That works and should do the job for creating a clonable and portable installation. Did not check the settings independence yet, but after adding the mentioned file (empty, just with the given name), the Linux version forgets about everything in the appdata dir and starts to fill the extension subdir in the same directory as the exe. Thus in the end we get the behaviour which Radovan asked for and which I claimed that we already have. And in fact, we had, just I did not know ;-)

More such cheat codes available? Just like "symbolic.integrate", "everything.unitproof"...?

Ha...this is a good one Biggrinancing: Thank you all Thank you

As I could see there are two Smath versions now on my computer, Official and Portable, which seems independent of each other Victory .

If nothing else, I am good at asking Wink

Regards,
Radovan

EDIT: Hmm...tried that in Linux with "portable.version" empty file, and extension subdir did not appear (I might make some mistake). By the way, I can not even find where the extension subdir was. It should be in some Application Data folder under DriveC, but did not find it yet.

Edited by user 11 June 2013 09:25:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mkraska  
#23 Posted : 29 June 2013 01:57:13(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
The portable version with plugins has been updated.
To keep the file size small, I omitted the XLSX import/export and the Maple Wrapper. These can be installed via extension manager.

The distro has the 32-bit-tagged exe version, thus the Mathcad EFI plugin works and the mathlib and steamtable examples are included.

You might try the bilingual german/english help pages, accessible via Math book button. Just follow the link "Handbuch/handbook" in the contents page. By far not complete but already 126 pages, some of them even with animations, e.g. for the trig functions.

Edited by user 29 June 2013 02:00:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 4 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 29/06/2013(UTC),  on 29/06/2013(UTC),  on 29/06/2013(UTC),  on 29/06/2013(UTC)
Offline GeorgeD  
#24 Posted : 03 July 2013 21:51:44(UTC)
GeorgeD

United States

The 'Portable' link just gives a 404 credentials error. The desktop setup downloads ok.
Offline mkraska  
#25 Posted : 03 July 2013 22:50:12(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: GeorgeD Go to Quoted Post
The 'Portable' link just gives a 404 credentials error. The desktop setup downloads ok.

Can anybody confirm that, for me the link points to the wiki page and the link there starts the download.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Davide Carpi  
#26 Posted : 03 July 2013 23:51:03(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
I can confirm

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Davide Carpi  
#27 Posted : 03 July 2013 23:54:36(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post
I can confirm

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

BTW I suspect that is a message due to some maintenance task related to the Novell ZENworks Application Virtualization issue.

Regards,

Davide

Edited by user 03 July 2013 23:56:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#28 Posted : 04 July 2013 00:18:20(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Yes Davide, you're right. Portable version cannot be used anymore. This will be fixed with a next release.

Thank you.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 04/07/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#29 Posted : 04 July 2013 00:42:05(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

I am not really sure that I understand you right:
Neither do I have problems to access the inofficial portable version in the wiki (this was what GeorgD reported) nor does that version provide any problems (except the bugs...) on my computer (Win 7).

If the web access is a problem, then I can provide temporary download from our school server.
Martin Kraska

Offline Davide Carpi  
#30 Posted : 04 July 2013 00:47:18(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: GeorgeD Go to Quoted Post

Martin, he ask about the official Portable version, not your inofficial version Good

Edited by user 04 July 2013 00:50:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 04/07/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#31 Posted : 04 July 2013 00:56:44(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Sorry for the confusion, I should have started a separate topic for the inofficial version...
Martin Kraska

Offline Davide Carpi  
#32 Posted : 04 July 2013 12:21:29(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: ioan92 Go to Quoted Post
As by my side:

1. I downloaded well the Martin's portable version - "2013 06 30 SMath 0.96.4909 Portable" mentioned in the post #25 - from the SMath site.

2. This portable version works perfect for me.

Are this the right answers for the right questions ? ...

The question is about SMath Studio portable (not the inofficial version shared by Martin) Good

Edited by user 04 July 2013 12:27:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 04/07/2013(UTC)
Offline pdalet  
#33 Posted : 23 July 2013 01:39:52(UTC)
pdalet

Man
France, Metropolitan

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)
smathstudio_0.96.4909_i386.deb Tested On Ubuntu 12.04 Precise

with plugins

3DPlotRegion
AlgLib
DataExchange
DotNumerics
GPCWrapper
MapleWrapper
PdfFileType
TeXFileType
StatisticalTools
SpecialFunctions
XYPlotRegion

http://sourceforge.net/p...6.4909_i386.deb/download

Ph D.
thanks 2 users thanked pdalet for this useful post.
on 23/07/2013(UTC),  on 25/07/2013(UTC)
Offline timm  
#34 Posted : 19 October 2013 14:05:41(UTC)
timm

Germany

Hello,
thank you a lot, SMath is what I was looking for.

But...
- In this nightly version I have Problems when I use the arg() function. arg()-Problem
arg()-Problem2
- I installed a lot of Plugins. Because I wanted to try if this problem appears because of them, I uninstalled SMath. When I reinstall SMath all Plugins are still installed. Can I delete them somewhere manually?

- I miss some units for electrical engineering. VA and var (both same SI-Units as Watt). Is it possible to add them in future Versions?

Edited by user 19 October 2013 14:07:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mkraska  
#35 Posted : 19 October 2013 16:36:17(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: timm Go to Quoted Post

- I installed a lot of Plugins. Because I wanted to try if this problem appears because of them, I uninstalled SMath. When I reinstall SMath all Plugins are still installed. Can I delete them somewhere manually?

- I miss some units for electrical engineering. VA and var (both same SI-Units as Watt). Is it possible to add them in future Versions?

I assume that you use the inofficial distribution.

In the main menu locate Help> Reference book:

You get the built-in Ref book. Click the link "Handbook" and enlarge the window as you like. Then Ctrl-click the link "Plugins" and you are offered a Plugin index. Any of the green hyperlinks opens a file browser at the directory of that plugin. Here you can go one level up (plugins). Here you can delete whatever you want, you must, however, leave SMath in order to avoid access conflicts.

Another option to locate the plugin dir is to use SettingsDirectory() with any or no argument. There you find the folder "extensions/plugins".

In order to locate the directory of a particular plugin, use the plugin index in the handbook. The directory names are not human-readable.

As to the units, you can define them in the given sheet, see the units of measurements chapter in the handbook.
I already added some units to the inofficial distribution. I am quite reluctant with further extensions, because we easily can end up with an inconsistent mess of individual preferences. Perhaps best is to make a Feature request and if it gets no objections but, let's say at least 5 thanks, then I can add them. Andrey has agreed to include these extensions into the official distribution (later some day).

Martin Kraska