Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stefano Kim  
#41 Posted : 01 August 2013 11:26:34(UTC)
Stefano Kim

Groups: Registered
Korea, Republic Of

Good I have made a first visit and joined today this SMath Studio Forum as guided by CHEMICAL ENGINEERING June,2013(p.32). Nice to meet you all members worlwide !!

I'd like to introduce myself here in brief: Age 65, Korean, a Chemical Engineer with 38 years' experience in research and development, process design engineering, plant construction and operation; now operating a private company, 3D Engineering Co.,Ltd. in Seoul, for 16 years of chemical process design activities.

Fron now on, I have to get used to SMath, so your help would be essential.
To see you again, thanks a lot.
Stefano/Aug 1, 2013
Offline Davide Carpi  
#42 Posted : 01 August 2013 13:17:37(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
I Stefano, you're welcome Biggrin

Davide

Edited by user 01 August 2013 13:24:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline kilele  
#43 Posted : 01 August 2013 13:21:43(UTC)
kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stefano Kim Go to Quoted Post

From now on, I have to get used to SMath, so your help would be essential.
Stefano/Aug 1, 2013

Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask whatever question, besides you can consult the wiki and the help documentation by mkraska present on the unofficial portable version, this help is likely to be included in the official versions as well.

Good I have made a first visit and joined today this SMath Studio Forum as guided by CHEMICAL ENGINEERING June,2013(p.32).

I think you refer to this publication, Smath is mentioned in this article :

Solving Vessel equations : A better way
Offline kilele  
#44 Posted : 01 August 2013 13:22:53(UTC)
kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)

From now on, I have to get used to SMath, so your help would be essential.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask whatever question, besides you can consult the wiki and the help documentation by mkraska present on the unofficial portable version, this help is likely to be included in the next official versions as well.

I have made a first visit and joined today this SMath Studio Forum as guided by CHEMICAL ENGINEERING June,2013(p.32).

Edited by user 01 August 2013 13:24:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kilele for this useful post.
on 01/08/2013(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#45 Posted : 01 August 2013 18:44:25(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kilele Go to Quoted Post

I am glad that something like this appeared in Chemical Enginnering (I am a Chemical Enginnering too) Good

It was very interesting to see the Figure 2, what was described as a "cloud-based Engineering productivity tool" at an early stage of development Good .

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Lijantropique  
#46 Posted : 01 August 2013 21:20:52(UTC)
Lijantropique

Canada

Good morning Stefano,

I am also a Chemical Engineer and like you, I am starting with the software. Right now I am working of basic tasks for Process Engineers (Hydraulic calculations one phase) probably we can start (including Radovan) a section in this forum with examples of concrete applications for ChemEng.

Best Regards,
Oscar J.
Offline omorr  
#47 Posted : 01 August 2013 22:26:38(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Oscar,

If you like, you are free to open a new Chemical Engineering section Examples in the Smath Wiki under the Good . Actually, many examples there can be under this category as well Wink kind
Everyone who wants to share SMath calculations is welcome to contribute there. This might get benefits to all of us. In the first place, you will get to solve your problems, fit your needs and find the "rough spots" (possibly some bugs) which you do not like and wanted to be changed, improved or fixed. On the other hand, we could reuse your solved problems for our own purpose. Actually, I thing we are all doing the same thing here OK .

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 01 August 2013 22:30:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
thanks 2 users thanked omorr for this useful post.
on 02/08/2013(UTC),  on 02/08/2013(UTC)
Offline ElSid  
#48 Posted : 09 August 2013 18:11:08(UTC)
ElSid

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kilele Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ignasi Go to Quoted Post
error message appears saying:
401 Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

The official portable build will not be available until the next version of SMath according to this post from the main developer :
http://en.smath.info/for...June-2013.aspx#post10423
You can use the unofficial portable version that works just as well as the official one.

I am getting the same error. I downloaded the "patched" version for now. I tend to use the portable version exclusively. Hoping Andre can give an ETA for the fixed portable version. Thankfully, I'm in paperwork phase instead of design check ... which is where SMATH helps out

Offline abelle  
#49 Posted : 26 August 2013 14:22:20(UTC)
abelle

Australia

Basically a website error report as I couldn't find a proper link. When trying to download the latest .exe per the above link http://smath.info/?file=740160 I get the following.

_____________________________ cut _____________________________

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
_____________________________ shut _____________________________

it let me download the .exe previous version, so I suspect you may have been updating as I tried to download?

Thank you for the developing this great software, but I don't use it much unfortunately as I have to use MATLAB. Just evaluating really as alternative to MathCAD, when I return to Engineering practice.
Offline hans  
#50 Posted : 23 September 2013 13:59:40(UTC)
hans

Hello Admin,

just heard about SMATH, registered here and tried downloading "SMathStudioDesktop.0_96_4868.Portable.exe" from
http://en.smath.info/for...6-4868--30-May-2013.aspx

but this gives me the following error http://smath.info/?file=740160 - what to do ?

Thank you,
regards
Offline Davide Carpi  
#51 Posted : 23 September 2013 16:06:13(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: hans Go to Quoted Post
Hello Admin,

just heard about SMATH, registered here and tried downloading "SMathStudioDesktop.0_96_4868.Portable.exe" from

but this gives me the following error http://smath.info/?file=740160 - what to do ?

Thank you,
regards

As explained above, there were collateral issues with another program; the portable version will be available since the next relase, when will be...

If you need a portable version, you can use this version.

regards,

Davide
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline mkraska  
#52 Posted : 23 September 2013 20:14:33(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)

You might use the inofficial portable version. If you do not insist on portability, then you even can have Maxima support.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline mkraska  
#53 Posted : 24 September 2013 00:21:35(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
what to do ?

Thank you,
regards

See post #41, use the inofficial version. Seems to be stable, at least no complaints so far. Also, it has a german/english help system (prototype of).
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Balu42  
#54 Posted : 28 September 2013 00:12:46(UTC)
Balu42

United States

Hi,

I am new to SMath Studio and I installed the newest version 0.96.4868 for Linux on my MacBook using Mono. It seems to work fine, but most of the Greek symbols are not displayed. (Except lower case pi and capital omega) See attached screenshot. Have any one of you encountered this issue before? How can this be fixed? Do I miss a font?

Thank you,
Balu

SMath 0.96.4868 on Mac]
Offline irstuff  
#55 Posted : 01 October 2013 21:45:28(UTC)
irstuff

The portable version doesn't seem to be there?
Offline Davide Carpi  
#56 Posted : 02 October 2013 02:01:51(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: irstuff Go to Quoted Post
The portable version doesn't seem to be there?

As written before:
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
See post #41, use the inofficial version. Seems to be stable, at least no complaints so far. Also, it has a german/english help system (prototype of).

Originally Posted by: Balu42 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I am new to SMath Studio and I installed the newest version 0.96.4868 for Linux on my MacBook using Mono. It seems to work fine, but most of the Greek symbols are not displayed. (Except lower case pi and capital omega) See attached screenshot. Have any one of you encountered this issue before? How can this be fixed? Do I miss a font?SMath 0.96.4868 vs Mono on MacOs

Hi Balu42,

SMath Studio use a Generic MonoSpace font (on Windows -> Courier New); I'm not sure if the problem is on Mono or in Mac fonts Blush ... to be honest (AFAIK) you are the first Mac user that run succesfully SMath on a Mac recently;
I don't know if this is due to Mono or SMath improvements but (leaving aside issues) this is really good Good

regards,

Davide

Edited by user 02 October 2013 02:11:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Balu42  
#57 Posted : 03 October 2013 22:38:24(UTC)
Balu42

United States

Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post

Hi Balu42,

SMath Studio use a Generic MonoSpace font (on Windows -> Courier New); I'm not sure if the problem is on Mono or in Mac fonts Blush ... to be honest (AFAIK) you are the first Mac user that run succesfully SMath on a Mac recently;
I don't know if this is due to Mono or SMath improvements but (leaving aside issues) this is really good Good

regards,

Davide

Hi Davide,

Thank you for your reply. I did some further testing with SMath Studio 0.96.4868. As you can see on the screenshot below, the greek characters are displayed normally on the worksheet, but they are replaced by blank rectangles in the Symbols panels on the right hand side and in the drop down unit selection list (but in the Insert Unit window (Insert ---> Unit...) the lower case mu is displayed properly). I also compared the font used in the Symbols panel and the one used on the worksheet (Courier New) and they are definitely different. Could someone please let me know which font is used on the panel?

Thank you,
Balu

Offline arichardd  
#58 Posted : 10 October 2013 11:57:27(UTC)
arichardd

I just found the Smath Software and I am realy happy about it. Before I was working with MathCad. I use it at home, but i work in an Engineering Firm and would like to use it there as well so that i can continue my work at home.
The question is if I can use it in the company also as an engineering tool but being on the safe side with consideration of the End User Agreement?

Thank you
Offline Davide Carpi  
#59 Posted : 10 October 2013 12:44:11(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Hi,

look here
Offline Davide Carpi  
#60 Posted : 10 October 2013 12:45:13(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Hi,

look here