Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mar  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2009 11:30:27(UTC)
mar

Groups: Registered

For example

x+y+z=0
And now want to issolate Y.

y:=-(x+z)

Does smath know how to do that? And if so, is it capable of doing simplifications when doing so with more complicated equations?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 14 September 2009 03:40:07(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
mar wrote:
Does smath know how to do that? And if so, is it capable of doing simplifications when doing so with more complicated equations?

Program can't do this. Thank you for reminding me about this thing - will check what can be done...
Offline mar  
#3 Posted : 14 September 2009 23:38:28(UTC)
mar

Groups: Registered

Can you estimate how long it will be before smath can perform 'issolate' and 'simplify' in a symbolic manner? Are we talking days, weeks, months or years? I am not asking you to commit, nor do I want to put any pressure. Rather, I just want to level set my own expectations.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 15 September 2009 06:01:34(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
mar wrote:
Can you estimate how long it will be before smath can perform 'issolate' and 'simplify' in a symbolic manner?

Some kind of simplification already available and it activates when you make symbolic calculations. Cannot say any estimation, sorry - it is hard job. Most of the project tasks depends only on my interest and on the time I have in the concrete period of my life. Unfortunately now I have only night time to work on SMath Studio (since 01:00 AM to 6:00 AM) and it is rather hard to implement all wishes in a short-run. I always tries but I just can't. SMath Studio it is not just a program, it is 4 versions of the binaries (PC Win, PC Linux, PPC, Smartphones) with a separate sources, it is forum and couple of sites (all sites features also should be developed), it is several separate Russian communities that always have questions and wishes, it is e-mail support of users from all over the world, advertisement, math algorithms and complex investigations, administration of web/file/svn/update/network server and tonnes of other stuff.

Now I have a big work with plugins support implementation. As an experiment XCAS library will be included to the program using a plugin, that also should be created. So, if XCAS has functions to isolate variables, then these functions will appear in SMath Studio as well, but if not, then... sorry, not this time. Improvements of the native SMath Studio symbolic library will be done later this year (I hope) - maybe then it will include native support of 'isolation' and better simplification abilities.

Hope to represent PPC version with XCAS this week. Don't know anything about Desktop versions for now.

Best regards.

Edited by user 15 September 2009 06:28:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline omorr  
#5 Posted : 15 September 2009 18:31:21(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

If this is XCAS we are talking about, here is a screenshot from the on-line Xcas:
Xcas

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"