Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sublim21  
#21 Posted : 01 May 2013 21:11:11(UTC)
sublim21

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
looking great Andrey. Thanks for updating the program!

Any chance on including a function to get a variables type? Like, if its a string, number, matrix, system, etc?

A few people on this forum have attempted to build one with num2str calls on the variable, and then ducktyping the string result, but num2str calls on matrices that contain odd characters (*, /, spaces) cause an error. This problem could be avoided but a matrix that includes strings of numbers, ( "{3429*'m}/{250*'s}" ) cause errors.

I believe the error comes from included { 's in a string. For example

"mat("heya",1,1)" is fine
but
"mat("{45*'m}/1}",1,1)"
causes problems

An inclusion of a variable type plugin would be nice.

Thanks for all your work though,

-Pete

Edited by user 01 May 2013 22:27:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Saulo  
#22 Posted : 02 May 2013 00:19:06(UTC)
Saulo

Man
Brazil

Get this error with the linux package:

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Offline Davide Carpi  
#23 Posted : 02 May 2013 00:30:09(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Thank you very much for this update Andrey Good

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
There was just a single conflict: I had to switch the DataExchange Plugin to compact version (without Excel support).

Yes, I know; ClosedXML.dll it's seen by SMath Studio as a SMath plugin and not as an unmanaged DLLs... As for now I can't do nothing.... The lighter Plugin will be updated ASAP with the new file location feature introduced by Andrey Clap

Originally Posted by: smath Go to Quoted Post
  • Fixed error messages on loading program with unmanaged DLLs located in plug-ins directory;

• Seems that same issue still remains :'(

best regards,

w3b5urf3r

Edited by user 02 May 2013 00:44:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
    Offline Andrey Ivashov  
    #24 Posted : 02 May 2013 00:35:45(UTC)
    Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
    Man
    Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post
    Seems that same issue still remains :'(

Actually, no. This is a new one, see http://en.smath.info/forum/yaf_postsm9310_SMATH-Error---Won-t-Load-Existing-XMCD-File--Build-0-96-4868.aspx#post9310

Regards.
    thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
    on 02/05/2013(UTC)
    Offline Davide Carpi  
    #25 Posted : 02 May 2013 01:08:23(UTC)
    Davide Carpi

Man
    Italy

Ok Good

I've linked the ClosedXML in my previous post

best regards and thank you again for your efforts Good

w3b5urf3r

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
    Offline litus321pr  
    #26 Posted : 03 May 2013 19:05:24(UTC)
    litus321pr

Gracias desde Puerto Rico, Thank you from Puerto Rico. A very Powerfull Program.
    Offline Marius  
    #27 Posted : 08 May 2013 06:42:25(UTC)
    Marius

Poland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
    Would like to know if SMath Studio supports 'extended real' numbers. Asking 4 mathcad supports at most only double (app. E+-308) but I need really great numbers, approximately E+-5000. Ain't care about display precision could be 15 or 17 but need especially E+5000.
    Must admit that SMath is very promising. Also I have to cope with such a large Matrix as 20000 * 20, thus it takes a lot of time to read it as CSV, and then processing.
    By the way:
    I have read that there is possibility to create own plugin, that may save a lot of effort, but I am an object pascal user. Right now could exploit Lazarus to prepare it. I have already tried instruction for visual basic but looks that refuses at definition 'store'; changing to Store and points that's 'Store is a type and cannot be used as an expression'.
    Is that a way to apply object pascal instead? Might some has a detailed instruction how to prepare such a stuff? Many times have to differentiate as well such a great amount of points, thus this is the only way to spare a lot of time.
    Offline uni  
    #28 Posted : 08 May 2013 11:01:14(UTC)
    uni

Man
    Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 745 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: Marius Go to Quoted Post
    Would like to know if SMath Studio supports 'extended real' numbers. Asking 4 mathcad supports at most only double (app. E+-308) but I need really great numbers, approximately E+-5000. Ain't care about display precision could be 15 or 17 but need especially E+5000.
    Must admit that SMath is very promising. Also I have to cope with such a large Matrix as 20000 * 20, thus it takes a lot of time to read it as CSV, and then processing.
    By the way:
    I have read that there is possibility to create own plugin, that may save a lot of effort, but I am an object pascal user. Right now could exploit Lazarus to prepare it. I have already tried instruction for visual basic but looks that refuses at definition 'store'; changing to Store and points that's 'Store is a type and cannot be used as an expression'.
    Is that a way to apply object pascal instead? Might some has a detailed instruction how to prepare such a stuff? Many times have to differentiate as well such a great amount of points, thus this is the only way to spare a lot of time.

As for the plugins, they should be written under .Net platform. As far as I know, Lazarus doesn't support .Net. Therefore, you can't write a normal plug-in for SMath Studio. Maybe it could be done in Delphi Prism, but this system is not free.
    On the other hand, if you really want to work with large numbers and matrices, you can find online source for big numbers on Delphi and write the User EFI DLL for Mathcad. Such library can be connected to SMath Studio. In this case, SMath Studio will only show results and the data between the plugin and it will be sent in double format.

Here are examples of plug-ins in Pascal: Mathcad EFI plugin.
    Russia ☭ forever
    Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
    Offline Marius  
    #29 Posted : 08 May 2013 15:01:27(UTC)
    Marius

Poland

Ok, uni thanks. If understood well it means that in a plugin, the best way, is 2 prepare some engine that:
    1) converts data from a matrix with double into extended,
    2) performs internal math operations,
    3) converts results in the extended format into double and sends it back to SMath to be displayed.
    It has logic. Didn't know that SMath 'gulps' dll prepared 4 mathcad.
    Of course I am impressed that some is such a smart that could create such a great application.
    Just hoped that a new version already released maybe has a switch to choose such an option of calculation; already have been trying the previous.
    My question is derived from situation that there exist some quickly rising functions such as Gamma due 2 that if U manipulate such a function it is difficult to be limited to E308.
    Offline uni  
    #30 Posted : 08 May 2013 16:05:58(UTC)
    uni

Man
    Russian Federation

Ok, uni thanks. If understood well it means that in a plugin, the best way, is 2 prepare some engine that:
    1) converts data from a matrix with double into extended,
    2) performs internal math operations,
    3) converts results in the extended format into double and sends it back to SMath to be displayed.
    It has logic.

Yes, you understood me right. The program uses double precision, but I think it will be later expanded. On the russian part of the forum has been a question about it, the author promised to think about: Проблема точности (как повысить точность вычислений).

Didn't know that SMath 'gulps' dll prepared 4 mathcad.
    Of course I am impressed that some is such a smart that could create such a great application.
    Just hoped that a new version already released maybe has a switch to choose such an option of calculation; already have been trying the previous.
    My question is derived from situation that there exist some quickly rising functions such as Gamma due 2 that if U manipulate such a function it is difficult to be limited to E308.

Apparently, this is a special case. SMath Studio was created as an engineering calculator and these numbers aren't often needed.
    Russia ☭ forever
    Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
    thanks 1 user thanked uni for this useful post.
    on 08/05/2013(UTC)
    Offline Marius  
    #31 Posted : 08 May 2013 16:59:09(UTC)
    Marius

Poland

U know uni, I need it especially, and exact for engineering purposes, till now to obtain my goals had to tried personal turbo delphi supported with alglib, or lazarus but it has GUI limitation that does not have SMath Studio.
    SMath Studio gives opportunity to numerical or graphical representation of solution but it is idle, if something is out of range 4 some limitations.
    U right it is rarely needed but believe me it is indeed needed, for example if U have sinh or cosh.
    Sometimes must temporary divide functions giving high numbers to obtain moderate results.
    Mean, solution reaches at most E200 or much less, but while dividing it is needed E5000.
    In that situation it is inevitable to employ momentary extended numbers.
    Solution of course is below double number limit but division, that's annoying, is beyond if having double precision.
    That's great to 'hear' that such a possibility to extend range of numbers is taken into consideration by the author.
    thanks 1 user thanked Marius for this useful post.
    on 08/05/2013(UTC)
    Offline mkraska  
    #32 Posted : 08 May 2013 17:22:36(UTC)
    mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
    Here is another example, where an quite ordinary task hits the number representation limit. However, in the given example I don't see the solution in longer number format but in a smarter det computation algorithm.

Edit: failed to add attachments, don't know why.

Thus I try it this way:

SMath fails to evaluate (numerically) rank and det of the following matrix. The rank is 10 and the det is in the order of 10^10. The problem is in the intermediate results of the algorithm. Symbolic optimization gives the correct rank but the det is still just a big expression.

A:mat(8,0,4,8,8,2,8,3,3,2,5,3,0,7,4,7,5,4,6,7,5,8,4,1,8,3,1,8,6,9,6,3,5,0,0,3,8,9,8,0,5,8,3,5,8,3,4,6,6,5,9,6,7,2,8,9,6,3,9,5,1,9,6,4,5,1,8,0,6,1,9,5,5,5,1,7,5,8,2,4,8,4,2,1,9,9,5,2,1,1,6,5,9,3,9,5,1,8,0,7,10,10)

Edited by user 08 May 2013 17:30:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
    Offline uni  
    #33 Posted : 08 May 2013 17:36:35(UTC)
    uni

Man
    Russian Federation

I think in this topic we can't add attachments. But you can copy this text to the clipboard and paste directly into Smath Studio, if arguments separator is a comma.

Code:
    A:mat(8,0,4,8,8,2,8,3,3,2,5,3,0,7,4,7,5,4,6,7,5,8,4,1,8,3,1,8,6,9,6,3,5,0,0,3,8,9,8,0,5,8,3,5,8,3,4,6,6,5,9,6,7,2,8,9,6,3,9,5,1,9,6,4,5,1,8,0,6,1,9,5,5,5,1,7,5,8,2,4,8,4,2,1,9,9,5,2,1,1,6,5,9,3,9,5,1,8,0,7,10,10)

Edited by user 08 May 2013 17:39:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russia ☭ forever
    Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
    Offline kaka  
    #34 Posted : 09 May 2013 01:02:37(UTC)
    kaka

Originally Posted by: kaka Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: kaka Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
    Thank you, Andrey, for another update of your great program.

Updated version with most external plugins

This is the official linux version augmented by external plugins. Just for convenience.

Tested on x64 under Win7, at least, there is no complaint on startup and the functions show up. There was just a single conflict: I had to switch the DataExchange Plugin to compact version (without Excel support).

I got this error when I opened a second Smath

It seems that it only happen to my another PC which has been just reinstalled.

:'( after updating all the patches I still have this problem. Why why why

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawImageI(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
    at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
    at ..OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Offline ManicMuli  
    #35 Posted : 17 May 2013 15:44:40(UTC)
    ManicMuli

Germany

Hello Andrey,

thank you very much for this excellent piece of software!Clapping
    It's really unbelieveable what talented guy like you can achieve if he wants to.

Thank you very much!

Offline kilele  
    #36 Posted : 17 May 2013 17:21:51(UTC)
    kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
    About Marius' request for big numbers, this code could be useful as a start point:
    A BigNumber Class Done in C#

Edited by user 20 May 2013 23:47:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kilele for this useful post.
    on 17/05/2013(UTC)
    Offline midas  
    #37 Posted : 04 July 2013 02:23:17(UTC)
    midas

is there a reason why i get...
    "
    401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
    "
    when i try downloading?
    Offline Davide Carpi  
    #38 Posted : 04 July 2013 12:24:33(UTC)
    Davide Carpi

Man
    Italy

Originally Posted by: smath Go to Quoted Post
    Yes Davide, you're right. Portable version cannot be used anymore. This will be fixed with a next release.

Thank you.

The cause is the virtualization software used on the portable SMath until the latest relase: Novell ZENworks Application Virtualization Popup when running Smath

regards,

Davide
    Offline ignasi  
    #39 Posted : 04 July 2013 19:42:14(UTC)
    ignasi

Man
    Sweden

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
    When I click on two of my Windows XP computer on the link for
    SMathStudioDesktop.0_96_4868.Portable.exe

an error message appears saying:
    401 Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Could you please fix this?
    Thanks in advance
    Offline kilele  
    #40 Posted : 04 July 2013 21:20:08(UTC)
    kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: ignasi Go to Quoted Post
    When I click on two of my Windows XP computer on the link for
    SMathStudioDesktop.0_96_4868.Portable.exe

an error message appears saying:
    401 Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Could you please fix this?
    Thanks in advance

The official portable build will not be available until the next version of SMath according to this post from the main developer :
    http://en.smath.info/for...June-2013.aspx#post10423
    You can use the unofficial portable version that works just as well as the official one.

Edited by user 04 July 2013 21:22:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified